Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 wheel compatibility with other makes/models

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 12:40 AM
Default Mazda3 wheel compatibility with other makes/models

I'm thinking of getting a used set of wheels for Solo 2 racing with my Mazda 3. My brother-in-law thinks there are Ford wheels that would fit. Does anyone know of all makes and models that would use the same bolt pattern and stud thread? How about back spacing? Any advice on low cost wheels and/or tires that would be good for Solo 2?

Anyone doing Solo 2 racing with their 3? I'm wondering if the side skirts on my 5 door will get trashed by the cones? Any other experience?

Thanks

Old 06-30-2006, 02:27 AM
Default RE: Mazda3 wheel compatibility with other makes/models

Mazda3, Mazda5, Mazda6, MX-5 and RX-8 all use the same bolt pattern. That would give you a range of sizes to choose from (15x6 through 18x8), they'll all work with the right size tire. Try to find the lightest one.

Old 06-30-2006, 05:01 PM

sstlaure made a great suggestion. the mx-5 miata wheels are probably going to be the lightest wheels you can find. a lot of people use them that i autocross with, even non-mazda cars.

as for myself, i (try to) autocross every weekend just about in my 2004 5-door (mtx). my sideskirts are just fine...and yes, i hit a few cones every now and then. and if youre not hitting any cones ever, youre not trying to get as close to the cones as you can on turns, or like on the slaloms you are supposed to try and catch the cone youve just passed on your rear inside wheel. but, if you are really paranoid about cones hitting up your car, just load tape onto the areas you think might be a problem.

as for tire suggestions, id suggest searching for a set of FALKEN AZENIS. very sticky, good performance tire. you can also find them for fairly inexpensive prices. i got my set of four for a little more than $300.00. good luck with your decisions.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:38 PM

Thanks Gents for the good info.

Any knowledge of Ford or other wheels that might fit also?

Chuck

Old 07-12-2006, 10:53 AM

i know for a fact that a set of motegi g5 wheels that were on my g/f's 01 mustang didn't fit on my 3. they were only 17". i just went ahead a put a set of konigs on my 3 which were on a gsx eclipse. so far i have found that the 3 has the same bolt pattern as an older body style ecplise and a dodge avenger. other than that, i'm pretty sure ford wheels won't fit but u might have better luck.