Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 i Touring vs. VW Rabbit vs. keeping the old minivan...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 01:53 PM
Default RE: Mazda3 i Touring vs. VW Rabbit vs. keeping the old minivan...

ORIGINAL: icspots

shipo try and ignore the argumentative responses you find on some sites..... and they're certainly not limited to this forum alone. You seem like you're shopping for a full package (not just a single feature or review result) and want to get what fits you best. Honestly different cars 'fit' different people in different ways. There are tons of cars out there that I would personally never drive yet thousands of people own them and are perfectly happy with them. In any case buy what ends up being best for you whether that be a Mazda or not. I would personally recommend the 3 to anyone as I love mine. If you have other questions about comparisons we're more than happy to help you out as we can.
Good advice. Thank you.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

I am just amazed how much discussion and debate the one little question.... long post, but one question has garnered. 4 pages already and growing.

Old 11-15-2008, 10:16 PM

well im arguing it just due to the fact of like i got bored at work okay. I WAS SITTING THERE FOR 11 HOURS TODAY. doing absolutely nothing so i decided to use my brain for once. and this is what happens..kk im not using my brain anymore lol

Old 11-16-2008, 12:14 AM
VB

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3
so i decided to use my brain for once.
That explains it all. [8D]

Old 11-16-2008, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: VB

so i decided to use my brain for once.
That explains it all. [8D]
shame on you vince. i do use my brain. at work, when i drive, and for other tasks. otherwise ya your right it does explain it . but my points were still valid were they not. i actually made some logical thinking there lol

Old 11-16-2008, 04:39 PM

I hope shipo buys the VW. She seems to love the german nameplate -go with what you love I say.

It's a weirdshort listto begin with - a four door with trunk japanese compact versus atwo door german hatch. How can you come down to these two? Don't you start by figuring out if you want four doors, or two doors?A hatch, or a trunk? Very disimilar rides. Seems to me the Jetta would be the one to size up versus the Mazda3.

Old 11-16-2008, 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

I hope shipo buys the VW. She seems to love the german nameplate -go with what you love I say.

It's a weirdshort listto begin with - a four door with trunk japanese compact versus atwo door german hatch. How can you come down to these two? Don't you start by figuring out if you want four doors, or two doors?A hatch, or a trunk? Very disimilar rides. Seems to me the Jetta would be the one to size up versus the Mazda3.
Do you really want to provoke a flame war? [:@]

Old 11-16-2008, 06:04 PM

???

Whenmembers make a case for theMazda 3, you dismissthe comments and inputas smug etc. When memberspost about some possible issues and offer their take ongerman cars, yourave about german cars you've owned/driven, and how much you like the rabbit. I respond by saying, great, go buy the rabbit then. Which you find ... offensive? ???

Old 11-16-2008, 06:48 PM

funny thing was i was waiting for this from you UBM lol. but as he said go with what you like and how you like it. thats exactly what i did. when i bought my car thats exactly what i put my mind too. i dont want a car im gonna regret in say 5 years. not to buy it just to buy it, but to love the look the feel and how it drives. if you hate the look of it, then dont buy it cuz its cheaper then the car you were liking better but cost a bit more. get what car suits you.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:49 PM
VB

I dont want a car im gonna regret in say 5 years. not to buy it just to buy it, but to love the look the feel and how it drives. if you hate the look of it, then dont buy it cuz its cheaper then the car you were liking better but cost a bit more. get what car suits you.
Exactly. Anyone who enjoys driving should follow this principle.

If, shipo, you prefer the Rabbit...buy it. If you prefer the 3...buy it. Simple as that for you, because the details seem unimportant for you. Go with your gut I suppose.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 i Touring vs. VW Rabbit vs. keeping the old minivan...