Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda3 Drivers - Vote 2008

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Default RE: Mazda3 Drivers - Vote 2008

ORIGINAL: VB

The problem with McCain is that, should he die, Palin would succeed the presidency...scary thought, she doesn't belong in Washington.
Why is she any less qualified than Obama? At least she'd have some time to gain experience in the Oval Office before she hit the #1 spot (should something horrible happen) Obama's trying straight for #1.

Seems to me as Governor she has Executive experience that Obama does not. I also like that she is WAY outside the mainstream Washington government entities. I don't see Obama being change, at least not the kind of change I like.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:52 PM

Obama will bring about the most change...and that's exactly what we need. No more old white men! Let's go Obama Biden!

Old 09-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

Here you go UB....this started way before W came into office.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tZc8oHo
"The URL contained a malformed video ID."

Old 09-29-2008, 03:26 PM
VB

ORIGINAL: sstlaure

The problem with McCain is that, should he die, Palin would succeed the presidency...scary thought, she doesn't belong in Washington.
Why is she any less qualified than Obama? At least she'd have some time to gain experience in the Oval Office before she hit the #1 spot (should something horrible happen) Obama's trying straight for #1.

Seems to me as Governor she has Executive experience that Obama does not. I also like that she is WAY outside the mainstream Washington government entities. I don't see Obama being change, at least not the kind of change I like.
I didn't say Obama is the most qualified, just that having Sarah Palin in office would be a disaster for anyone remotely liberal. Check out her stances and policies. If she ever gets the White House, I'm moving to Canada.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

I want you to know that I have said my piece (against my better judgment) and willrefrain from posting any more political opinion.
This thread: So far, so good but I have seen these threads before on other sites and they can turn real nasty real, REAL fast.
I would ask you guys to play nice, remember that we are all friends here. We speak to each other on here often,so please keep itas friendly banterONLY. PLEASE don"tlet it get out of hand and to alsokeep in mind that everybody is entitled to an opinion as well as a vote.
Thanks, Richard

Old 09-29-2008, 07:21 PM

I didn't say Obama is the most qualified, just that having Sarah Palin in office would be a disaster for anyone remotely liberal. Check out her stances and policies. If she ever gets the White House, I'm moving to Canada.
Actually not just Liberals would need to worry, she took on and beat the Good Ole Boy Network in Alaska and won, and she didn't care what side of the aisle they were on.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:12 PM

Looks like that link got shut down, it was working last night. (some kind of copyright deal) It had a ton of good information relating to the current financial crisis and the Sub-prime mortgage market.

Siber's statements were all supported in the link.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: wsoape281

well, i don't know if you know anything beyond the absolute basic supply/demand curve or if you are just such an avid democrat that you believe that taxes don't result in retail mark-up. basically, a business is not going to take a cut (just as you just said there) when they get taxed, (such as gas taxes on the oil industry, tobacco taxes on the tobacco industry, or import tariffs on imported items) they don't just cut their losses and call it quits. they get screwed and pass the expense on to the consumer. that, combined with an already weak dollar, makes for the exchange rate to get even worse. example is when the oil industry gets taxed, which it does a lot, it adds the tax into the price tag. a gallon of gas is about 3/4 tax and 1/4 cost and profit.

now, i do agree that a lot of things have a lot of mark-up. the average luxury item has about 100% retail mark-up and i know that because i have worked in the luxury industry before. the average small item (such as jewelry, small toys, etc.) has about 1000% mark-up. i know that because i know small business owners. the difference is that when the cost of living and operation goes up, they will not just take a loss. they have to live too and they are not going to sell more portable heaters just because the government taxes them more for them. they are going to raise their costs to pass it on to the consumer. if YOU don't think that is true, you should go and get your parent's money back for the college in which you just graduated (you show your age with your comments.)

i was a government and economics major.

the belief of taxing big business is to bring up government spending to create more jobs and put more money back into the economy. i honestly don't think that obama has it in him to figure out where the government spending is needed.
Businesses that price product or service on a pure mark up basis are rare ... plumbers, small retailers, etc. And even they don't really apply a set mark up, because they'll adjust their price down if they are notworking (or the product is not moving), or up if they feel there's lots of work out there (or something isselling rapidly). Mark up is simply a raw starting point.

Any business larger than a corner store tracks sales trends down to a great level of detail (that's why everything has a bar code, slick - there's a computer system attached to the cash register - it's not there just for your convenience - maybe your profs at Lower MississippiCommunity Collegefailed to enlighten you on this), and the business uses the info to constantly adjust price and supply levels to maximize profit- the supply and demand curves are always at work.

Businesses don't automatically raise prices when a tax hike occurs, any more than they automatically cut prices when their tax bill falls.

Fact point,theprice of a gallon of gas in the USA right now is absolutely NOT 3/4 tax!! Your saying that at$3.50 a gallon for gas, the tax is $2.62, meaning the non tax part is only $0.88? There isNOT $2.62 of tax on gasoline in the USA! Youneed tocut down on whatever it is you are smoking and drinking, Mr economics major. A barrel of oil costs about $90 on the world market. There are 42 gallons in a barrel. Raw unrefined oil therefore costs $2.14 -which last time I checked, is morethan $0.88. Plus, you lose some volume during the refining process (depends on the quality of the raw crude, how many impurities it has), and refining also costs money. Out of the refinery, the cost of gasolineis at least $2.50 a gallon, and I haven't even factored in the cost of getting the raw crude to the refinery to begin with. And after refining, therewould becosts of distribution.

BTW, I am not an avid anything.I just want someone smart in the White House, not another idiot born with a silver spoon in his mouth who has a famous Dad. We have McCain, who in a graduating class of 899 at the Naval Academny, finish 894th. And we have Obama, on the other hand, a Harvard lawyer who graduated Magna *** Laude. Career path wise, McCainwas much less than a star in the Navy (he made only Captain while serving over 20 years - hereceived medals normally given to those who were POWs - the navy never chose to put him in charge of anything substantial), while Obamahas a veryimpressive resume including many leadership roles - and he is not yet50 years old.

Re: Palin, she has been governor of Alaska for less than 2 years. Let's not get carried away describing her as having executive experience. And did anybody see that interview with Katie Couric?Brutal.

Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 PM
VB

I fully endorse Urban's last paragraph, but that'll be the last of me in the thread.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:10 AM

I'm independent and I still have not made a decision yet. I may be leaning democrat. I think Palin is going to be what may put me Democrat. I think they took a gamble with her and they lost as she seems to be a touch more of a hipocrite than the average politician but she just may not be as good hiding it. If her biggest endorsement is being governor of Alaska, as pretty as it is, does not impress me. I think McKain and Obama have shown in the debates that they have the same interests, just with a different way of getting there. One way or another the citizens of the US will be left with the responsibility of repaying, once again, the governments debt that was non-existant before these last two terms. I remember when they anounced that we had started gaining a surplus while Clinton was around. If the problem is that big busness has been doing what they want without restrictions, putting in a Republican can hurt us further unless McKain, and his cabinet, intend to break the mold. I'm going to have to find out who else we will be voting into office with the canidates tickets. If it is the same people as the last seven years than my mind is made for me. On my last thought, I do not think that the people will lose with either of the canidates that are running.

Quick Reply: Mazda3 Drivers - Vote 2008