Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 loses AC air pressure

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 03:36 PM
Default Mazda 3 loses AC air pressure

Last month my 2007 Mazda3 was parked in the street and involved in a hit and run accident. Long story short, I had to have the front end of the car replaced including the radiator. After getting my car back I noticed that after driving it for more than 30 minutes with the AC on, the fan loses almost all of it's pressure. You can still hear the fan running, and you hear the fan change speeds as you move the dial between 1-4. It also takes a while for the air to get "cold". None of this was an issue before the accident. Luckily my insurance comany has agreed to pay for it be checked out, but the service company that's working on it said they don't know if the problem was caused by the accident. Which would mean I'd pay out of pocket for it. Part of me wonders if they caused the issue by not putting the car back together properly.

So, I'm wondering if anyone would know how or why this problem is happening.

Thank you.

Old 10-12-2011, 02:18 AM

I would assume your AC coils are freezing over and preventing air to move through them. I would check your pressure levels of your refrigerant.

This happens to me when I drive for long periods of time with the AC on when the weather is quite warm (85-90f+ for 3hrs or more)