Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 A/C

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 09:13 PM
Default RE: Mazda 3 A/C

The diffusor plates that can be installed on an 04 that were mentioned earlier are designed to improve the airflow accross the evaporator in the dash. It does help bring down the overall temperature several degrees but does not do anything for the cycling rate of the compressor. You can reduce the cycling rate by undercharging the system a few ounces but then you will loose cooling efficienncy. Best to leave alone and if it breaks in 4 years or 50,000 miles it is covered under warranty. If you want the plates to be installed, simply go to your dealer and tell them the a/c does not feel as cold as it should and you heard this diffusor plate repair was available. 04 only as the 05 already has them.

Old 08-03-2005, 06:23 PM

I just came from focus fanatics forums. Focus guys are having a/c troubles also. Not sure if they are the same problems. Some are complaining that their compressors are only underpowered when they accelerate hard. I noticed that the a/c in my new 3 wagon is way underpowered. I thought maybe it would get better. Only have 500 miles though. Keep me updated if the dealer helps.

Old 09-12-2005, 01:39 AM

so whats the difference between the 04 and the 05 models? a few add ons? =)

Old 09-15-2005, 03:38 PM

I took my car to get the air checked up after reading all this and they automatically changed the diffusor plates on my car
... it works great now