Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 3 2009 Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 04:39 PM
Default RE: Mazda 3 2009 Review

ORIGINAL: LPG

by the way jaime all those extra touches that i mentioned i wish the mazda had,
the corolla that i owned had, and i payed less for my corolla than i did for the mazda 3
when all was said and done with my corolla LE plus spoiler, abs & stability controlwith tax i only paid 17,450.00
So i pretty much think if a car like the corolla (in that price range) can have what it had on it (all those lil extras that mean a lot)
so can the Mazda.
Also here in america (in new york), if you have daytime running lights on your car, it lowers your car insurance premium each month
Just my .02
however compare the mazda3 GS (which i have) (canadian version as i live in canada) to a corolla. as you mentioned the corolla is a bland car to me. i owned a 98 before the mazda3. there is sooo much difference between the two cars. and yea im 19 but i bought a mazda3 sedan not hatch. it costs more and ehn a hatch wouldnt be me

Old 11-30-2008, 04:46 PM

the corolla that i owned had, and i payed less for my corolla than i did for the mazda 3
when all was said and done with my corolla LE plus spoiler, abs & stability controlwith tax i only paid 17,450.00
So i pretty much think if a car like the corolla (in that price range) can have what it had on it (all those lil extras that mean a lot)
so can the Mazda.
Also here in america (in new york), if you have daytime running lights on your car, it lowers your car insurance premium each month
Just my .02
Comparing a 2007 to a 2009 price wise isn't all that relevant. I priced out a 2009 Corolla when I bought the Mazda3 and configured as "Apples-to-Apples" as I could make them, the Corolla was about $1,100 more expensive than my car.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:50 PM
LPG

ORIGINAL: shipo

so can the Mazda.
Just my .02
Comparing a 2007 to a 2009 price wise isn't all that relevant. I priced out a 2009 Corolla when I bought the Mazda3 and configured as "Apples-to-Apples" as I could make them, the Corolla was about $1,100 more expensive than my car.
that is so true youre right
but they are cars that are in the same class and often compared to each other
so no matter what the year, my point is..... if one car can have all those littleextras
why couldnt the mazda which is in the same class and about the same price.....

Old 11-30-2008, 05:01 PM

ORIGINAL: shipo

I have one question, and before getting an answer, I am pretty sure it will be "personal choice".
Giving that the sedan and hatchback are the same inside as far as dash, seats, doors etc, why would one choose the sedan over the hatchback?
The hatchback has the option of that storage area behind the rear seat plus, the seats fold down for even more storage room.
All you get with the sedan is the small trunk.
As a new buyer, what attracted you to the sedan as oppossed to the hatchback?
As I too just took delivery of a sedan, I will respond to your question as well. [ul][*]The hatchback is not available with the 2.0 liter engine which gets better fuel economy.[*]To my eyes at least, the sedan is a better looking car.[*]Given that the Mazda3 is to be a commuter car and that our other car is a minivan, utility was not even remotely a criteria.[*]The trunk on the sedan is not all that small, in fact, it was large enough to take my son and a buddie of his snow-boarding today.[*]I decided on the Mazda3 Sedan even though the other car in my top 2 was a hatchback VW Rabbit. Go figure.[/ul]
This is wrong. the mazda3 does now come with a 2.0 in the hatchback. at least in canada they do.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:20 PM

hmmm well first the hatchback at least where i am in new york are considerably more expensive
#2 im not a hatchback type of person (i feel its too small and god forbid i would get in an accident with it)
and i think hatchbacks are geared towards kids who want a souped up car, or want to take it and soup it up even more so.
to me the sedan is just more sleek and elegant while maintaining a sporty edge

The hatchback says ALL SPORT..... and im not 19 years old, where that would be something id want to project..
although on second thought i shouldnt say that
because my 60 year old mom is in the market for a new car
and she was attracted to the hatchback.... but i think more so for its compact size
I have never let my age influence what car I will own.
The two newer vehicles I have presently obviously appeal to a younger person than myself, but I have always had vehicles that are just as I want them.
I am pushing 70, and both these vehicles keep me feelin younge than I am, and I like that.

Oh, and the red convertible in the background is another one of my toys.
That is a 59 Continental mkIV convert, and that one is as much fun to own as the Mazda and the Dakota.
Bob.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19091/D1FA213BA2CD41F695C9E9ABD747C788.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19091/FD95C7C77EDF42819166910EE52CC000.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-30-2008, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

This is wrong. the mazda3 does now come with a 2.0 in the hatchback. at least in canada they do.
Well, I live almost exactly 300 km south of the Canadian border, and I can tell tell you with considerable assurance that the 5-Door hatchback version of the Mazda3 is not available here in the States with the 2.0 liter engine.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:38 PM

I could be wrong here but, I think the sedan and hatchback share the same wheelbase, and everything else.
As for being paranoid about a rearend crash in a hatchback, again, I really don't see the difference.
These two models are exactly the same with the exception the sedan has a package shelf then the trunk.
If a sedan were hit in the rear, I doubt the result would be any different than a hatchback.
Actually, the only difference in the two is the roofline.
If the roofline of the sedan were two feet longer, and the rear window more verticle, it would be the hatchback.
I don't see the lodgic concerning a rear end crash being any more severe in a hatchback, as oppossed to the sedan.
Bob.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:02 PM

Dang, you are being pretty hard on us Poor HB Owners [8D]
BTW when I saw the first Mazda 3 and Mazda 6 I decided then that the MZ3 looked better as a HB and the MZ6 looked better as a sedan. Other than that I think Mazda did a good job on the MZ3, it really is not a Rolls Royce, but for an 18,000 dollar car I think it does pretty good.
BTW I am 47 and I got the HB not only for its looks, but for practicality of being able to load my tools through the hatch instead of a trunk.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:39 PM

ORIGINAL: Bob Hubbard

hmmm well first the hatchback at least where i am in new york are considerably more expensive
#2 im not a hatchback type of person (i feel its too small and god forbid i would get in an accident with it)
and i think hatchbacks are geared towards kids who want a souped up car, or want to take it and soup it up even more so.
to me the sedan is just more sleek and elegant while maintaining a sporty edge

The hatchback says ALL SPORT..... and im not 19 years old, where that would be something id want to project..
although on second thought i shouldnt say that
because my 60 year old mom is in the market for a new car
and she was attracted to the hatchback.... but i think more so for its compact size
I have never let my age influence what car I will own.
The two newer vehicles I have presently obviously appeal to a younger person than myself, but I have always had vehicles that are just as I want them.
I am pushing 70, and both these vehicles keep me feelin younge than I am, and I like that.

Oh, and the red convertible in the background is another one of my toys.
That is a 59 Continental mkIV convert, and that one is as much fun to own as the Mazda and the Dakota.
Bob.

[IMG]local://upfiles/19091/D1FA213BA2CD41F695C9E9ABD747C788.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/19091/FD95C7C77EDF42819166910EE52CC000.jpg[/IMG]
LOL mazda3 5.9 RT woo. wow i feel soo young right now its unbelievable. anyhow as ken said the car doesnt just look pratical, it also does alot of what you need. for how much i paid for it, it was one of the best financial decisions i ever made

Old 11-30-2008, 09:44 PM

I bought my mz3 last may when the price of gas went through the roof.
I kept the pickup for those times whenI need to haul something large.
This hatchback is perfect for the other things I need to carry plus, the gas mileage is twice what I get in the pickup.
Great little car.
Everyone should own one.
Bob.

Quick Reply: Mazda 3 2009 Review