Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Mazda 2.0 Custom "Access Port"

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Default Mazda 2.0 Custom "Access Port"

Hell every one, as all of us know by now the 2.0 doesn't have an access port available, why would it. For those of us who are stuck with a 2.0 and cant get a speed 3 iv created a little something for us who want to tune our 2.0 with ease.

Now lets take the options we have and put them to use,

Orange virus tuning does a base map for the 2.0 motor, the tune does take some time to get right because its a base map, but all it requires is a computer and obd2 wire to load the tune to your ecu.

So then i began to think, if i can use a computer for a tune, is there a way i can get the computer in my car and then it hit me, Why not use a computer for my stereo, snake the obd2 wire to the computer and use the computer as a stereo as well.

So the overall idea is to take a computer, use it as a stereo, as well as be able to open the tuning program from the computer below i attached a photo of what i have together so far, so you can get an idea.

https://s32.postimg.org/hip7wxnt1/20160801_130844.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/gds2atvid/20160801_130832.jpg

as you can see i have the computer attached to the face plate and i rigged a button together on it to turn the sleep on and off.

My next steps are to wire it up, this is acually pretty simple below is a list of what i ordered.

A mini amplifier
usb adapter (female to female)
usb with male that splits into 2 males
audio cable that converts to rca, (red and white)
and a mini amplifer (because the computer doesnt provide enough sound for the car speaker)
a Micro sd card
the toshiba computer (tablet that runs windows 10)
and the face plate for the computer)

I also ordered an ob2 wire with a program for the time being untill i order through orange virus.

The amplifier i ordered has a usb input so the plan is to bump power off the amp for the tablet, the amp will be connected to the original stereo power so when the car turns off the amp turns off, then cuts power to the computer, when the cars on the amp turns on thus giving power back to the computer.

The second usb will run to the obd2, pretty simple

for sound im going to use the headphone to rca wire to take the sound from the computer and get it to the amp, from the amp im going to connect it to the cars oem stereo harness that has a positive and negative for each speaker as well as a power antenna that tells the amp when to turn on.

Right now it sounds confusing but ill add pictures and a video as it comes together so every one can see how it turns out. Ill also add links of everything i purchased.

Im just waiting on the amp, the micro sd card and the obd2 wire to come in. Once thats all here i can get to work, keep an eye out for updates.

This is the first time im doing this so just bare with me as i work out any kinks.