Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Madza 3 CD Player problems- Any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 12:03 PM
Default RE: Madza 3 CD Player problems- Any advice?

Yup, that's all I needed! Thanks!

Old 08-19-2007, 11:18 AM

ok.. same problem here... this is weird.. now every once in a while i put a cd in it says CD, then goes and says check cd. then i eject it and put it back in without cleaning it or nething and it starts to work.. i just got the car a month ago. this morning it was working just fine without any problem. gonna go back to the dealership next weekend and get it checked out.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:34 AM

Well, not really the same problem- I'm not even getting "check CD". Any time I've gotten that message, it has been a problem with the CD I am trying to play- either it is really scratched or has some other kind of damage, or it has incompatible MP3s on it or something along those lines. Then, sometimes, yes, it will take it the next time. It's still weird if that is happening often though...Mine won't play anything at all, just says "CD" like it's going to load, and turns off after about 30 seconds. What a pain! Good luck with yours!

Old 08-25-2007, 05:43 PM

hmmm i am soo thankfull i got the mp3 hookup in my car but so far no problems with mine

Old 10-07-2007, 01:27 PM

i am having a similar problem with my 6-disc in dash player at the moment, mostly. thursday morning, i had a song repeat 3 times through using the repeat function on the unit. i then switched to the next cd, only to have it pop out and was given the message "Check CD." the cd is brand new and in mint condition. then i tried every other cd in the changer, all of them popped out with the same message. the cds are in great shape, all actual prints...no burned cds. any thoughts?

Old 11-07-2013, 02:47 PM
Default CD player not working?

Does anyone know i could do? Cd player on my 04 mazda 3 not functioning right. i can load a cd and once it starts to play it sounds like the cd would have some scratches and its not that i bought a brand new cd to test it out. maybe i need to clean it? or not sure else i can do sometime the cd has trouble coming out. anyone know any type of youtube videos to clean cs players??

Old 04-12-2016, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Lupae3s
i am having a similar problem with my 6-disc in dash player at the moment, mostly. thursday morning, i had a song repeat 3 times through using the repeat function on the unit. i then switched to the next cd, only to have it pop out and was given the message "Check CD." the cd is brand new and in mint condition. then i tried every other cd in the changer, all of them popped out with the same message. the cds are in great shape, all actual prints...no burned cds. any thoughts?

Have you found any solution. I just got a 2012, and it's doing exactly the same thing.

Goodling and see it is common problem... but not seeing any solutions.