Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

little things

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:56 AM
Default RE: little things

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

ORIGINAL: dentinger

uh, this 1x2 hole in the bumper? you mean the small circle on the passenger side of the car?? that so that you can rescue workers can put a tow hook in there if the need be.
its also good for racing and such.
I have that circle in my bumper, I can tell I could punch it out, but it is not punched.

My guess was it is there so those in colder climates could run a block heat power cord through the bumper.

If I did punch it, I don't see why water coming in that little hole would be troublesome.

I've driven in quite a bit of rain, my engine compartment is amazingly clean, so I don't think a lot of water comes in through the front of the vehicle.
The hole on the bumper (with a cover) is for tie-down when the car is transported. You 've got the tools in the trunk for that as well.
________
fat woman Webcams

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:15 PM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3

is that the tow hook that comes with the car painted over or did he get an aftermarket one?
its the stock hook which was painted over with red.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:20 PM

something i really like:
everything is pre-wired.
ie,if your car doesnt have fog lights, all you need is the foglights, and a new light stalk, and thats it!
and apparently its the same for power mirrors, doors, windows, etc etc. but for those you'll need the solenoids, motors, etc etc
does that include the low model 3i? because if thats the case, i think im definately ready to get me some power windows/power locks in my car. tired of using the key

Old 10-15-2007, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

uh, this 1x2 hole in the bumper? you mean the small circle on the passenger side of the car?? that so that you can rescue workers can put a tow hook in there if the need be.
its also good for racing and such.
I have that circle in my bumper, I can tell I could punch it out, but it is not punched.

My guess was it isthere so those in colder climates couldrun a block heat power cord through the bumper.

If I did punch it, I don't see why water coming in that little hole would be troublesome.

I've driven in quite a bit of rain, my engine compartmentis amazingly clean, so I don't think a lot of watercomes in through the front of the vehicle.
I got around to take a few pictures for you. It's hard to show anything for the rear window vent (pix1), but I am posting here, along with te front radiator frame (pix2).

I am also asking a question since I found that there's a connector under the radiator frame top edge (see pix3), anybody know its use? thanks.

________
ALEXAHOT

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:48 PM

Folks...pertaining to the glue on wheel weights. They are more precise and safer for the rim too. Most motorcycles use them...here is a tip, if you do any racing with you car put some tape over your weights...that way they are less prone to fall off...as to adhesives there are glues now that are designed to hold over 5000 pounds of vertical tension...DAYUM!!!!

Things I have come to dislike:
-Brights are a push foward design not click back
-no compartment where the nav goes.
-non-leather e-brake
-third gear is 1mm farther to the right than used to
-push down reverse sometimes freaks me out going from R to 1st and not fully out of R territory to push into 1st

Old 10-16-2007, 08:14 AM

what i noticed when you shift from 1st to reverse sometimes it gets stuck and wont go all the way into reverse unless you take the foot off the brake. that kinda annoys me when im backin out of my school parking lot. also 3rd to 5th is like soooooooooooo close together that it is unreal... dont know how many times i have put it into 3rd when i wanted it in 5th

Old 10-16-2007, 09:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Draconius

Folks...pertaining to the glue on wheel weights. They are more precise and safer for the rim too. Most motorcycles use them...here is a tip, if you do any racing with you car put some tape over your weights...that way they are less prone to fall off...as to adhesives there are glues now that are designed to hold over 5000 pounds of vertical tension...DAYUM!!!!

Things I have come to dislike:
-Brights are a push foward design not click back
-no compartment where the nav goes.
-non-leather e-brake
-third gear is 1mm farther to the right than used to
-push down reverse sometimes freaks me out going from R to 1st and not fully out of R territory to push into 1st

i have no problems with any of those except the last one. i feel the same wat sometimes. i put into reverse or first 2 or 3 times before i let off the clutch. as for the third gear being 1mm off, how did you figure that?

Old 10-16-2007, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

what i noticed when you shift from 1st to reverse sometimes it gets stuck and wont go all the way into reverse unless you take the foot off the brake. that kinda annoys me when im backin out of my school parking lot. also 3rd to 5th is like soooooooooooo close together that it is unreal... dont know how many times i have put it into 3rd when i wanted it in 5th
little trick i learned when i was driving my civic. if its not going into reverse, pump the clutch one more time and try it again. itll go in easy.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3
i have no problems with any of those except the last one. i feel the same wat sometimes. i put into reverse or first 2 or 3 times before i let off the clutch. as for the third gear being 1mm off, how did you figure that?
The brights is annoying because sometimes it will pop forward when using the turn signals during the day time and when I turn them on at night there are my brights.

As for 3rd gear being over to the right just a hair is from my driving honda manuals all my life and NEVER missing 3rd. When I go into third I have to have the stick to the right just a little more than used to. That is how I know.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:40 PM

now that you mention it.. i miss gear more on this than i did on the civic.. when i go into third i make sure i clutch alllllll the way down and i let it sit in neutral for a second before i shift completely. i always thought that the aftermarket bushings would make a difference. if i change to the TWM short shifter and the TWM bushings, would it correct the "missing third gear all the damn time" problem?

Quick Reply: little things