Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   little things (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/little-things-10899/)

wineye 10-11-2007 09:38 PM

little things

As someone in this forum pointed out earlier, that over time you can discover something new about the 3. Here are the little things I found lately:

(1) the vent near rear window on the sedan (3i) is fake;
(2) the front parking/trun light bulb actually has two filaments in it, one for parking one for turn signal.
(3) the front hard plastic structure next to the bumper grille has a 1x2 hole in it and rain water can get through abd splash on the air intake manifold.
(4) wheel balance weights are glued on, must be some glue
(5) front two doors: the seam is too small to put the skinnest edge molding on

________
Salena live

LordChrisofSith 10-12-2007 07:59 AM

RE: little things

Did you notice the rear passenger heating ducts underneath the driver/pass seat.

Those will be neat in the winter time.

Not sure I like the glued on wheel weights.

dentinger 10-12-2007 10:30 AM

if the wheel wieghts are on the lip of the rim, they are just hammered on.
if they are inside the wheel rim, they are glued on (sticky weights, as we call them).

wineye 10-12-2007 12:21 PM

The balancing weights on the inboard side of the wheel are those lead weights "hammered" on the inboard rim.
The weights on the outboard side of the wheel, due to the design of the wheel, are glued on, steel weights.
See the weights in the pix (near 3 o'clock position).

[IMG]local://upfiles/13140/0332276E248443008900321CD96AC130.jpg[/IMG]
________
Genie Volcano Rock Pipe

MrSpike118 10-12-2007 09:49 PM

The air vent near the rear window is fake? I was wondering how that went on, I have a 3s...

dentinger 10-12-2007 10:32 PM

something i really like:
everything is pre-wired.
ie,if your car doesnt have fog lights, all you need is the foglights, and a new light stalk, and thats it!
and apparently its the same for power mirrors, doors, windows, etc etc. but for those you'll need the solenoids, motors, etc etc

UrbanmanUSA 10-12-2007 11:55 PM

ORIGINAL: wineye

(3) the front hard plastic structure next to the bumper grille has a 1x2 hole in it and rain water can get through abd splash on the air intake manifold.

Additional explanation? Pictures?

jaimie08mazda3 10-13-2007 07:50 AM

i like the fact that how the engine is soo clean and organized on my 08. it just makes it look niice and simple. that way if you have any problems it is so easy to get around. Just take off the plastic and there you go. very happy with that.

UrbanmanUSA 10-13-2007 09:30 PM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

ORIGINAL: wineye

Additional explanation? Pictures?
(1) Please tell me about this rear "vent" - I want to know!!
(3) Ditto the holle in the bumper grille. Sure, the front ofa car is not going to be 100% water proof ... what hole are you talking about?

dentinger 10-13-2007 09:34 PM

uh, this 1x2 hole in the bumper? you mean the small circle on the passenger side of the car?? that so that you can rescue workers can put a tow hook in there if the need be.
its also good for racing and such.