Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

I drive too much, haha...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:49 AM

Hmmm, 4 months, 10,000 miles for me.

Old 03-21-2009, 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by virgin1
9 months/27k
10 months/23k
36 months/80k
9 months/23k

YOU ALL DRIVE TOO MUCH!!!
I do between 90- 100 Miles per day going to and from work.
And to think Rich, the last 3 tanks had a combined average of 31.7 MPG also.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:58 AM

since august of 2007 68000 KMS

Old 03-21-2009, 10:54 AM

I can bet I drive way more than you!! that's all there is to do in this boring town!!

Old 03-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard
10 months, and I put twenty seven hundred miles on it.
Guess I should be driving more.
Bob.
Originally Posted by Blk03PSD
11 Months 14K. Not too bad.
@ approx. 70 miles a week Bob, you don't need a car, you just need a moped!
I think I read in an earlier post that you were going to wait until your Badyears wore out before you got new skins. I'm thinking those are probably gonna last a while!
Hahahahaha!!! I remember you saying that too and have to agree w/Steve (Blk03PSD)!! You better be takin' some corners mighty fast and hard to burn them suckers up in a short while. They are pretty good in the dry, just not anywhere else. Try 38F/35R, Bob.

Originally Posted by VB
I'm with you there, Rich. 4 years, 40K for me.
I'm so much of a home-body these days.... You too Vince? You're too young for that.
Originally Posted by shipo
Hmmm, 4 months, 10,000 miles for me.
I've been to New Hampshire. Where in God's Green Earth could you put 10k miles on a car in just 10 months?? The National Park? Or are you driving up and down the same stretch of road just to burn fuel?
Originally Posted by Siber Express
I do between 90- 100 Miles per day going to and from work.
And to think Rich, the last 3 tanks had a combined average of 31.7 MPG also.
I only have one thing to say to you, Mister.... for your 31.7MPG!!!
Originally Posted by jaimie08mazda3
since august of 2007 68000 KMS
What the H*ll does 68000 kms mean? Damned Canadian!!!
Originally Posted by Blondee*
I can bet I drive way more than you!! that's all there is to do in this boring town!!
You are being VERY elusive about you odometer reading there, Tawnya (Blondeee*.) Where the heck do you live that's that boring? Mayberry RFD??

Dayem!! Am I on a roll, or what??? (I love it!! )
Jeez, wish we had some different smilies/emoticons on this forum.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:31 PM
VB

I'm not that much of a home-body, really. Just...google Staten Island and see a map. The place isn't that big. Maybe 11x9. And I don't want to leave the island, especially going East...$14 to cross the Verrazano.

Old 03-21-2009, 06:49 PM

I've been to New Hampshire. Where in God's Green Earth could you put 10k miles on a car in just 10 months?? The National Park? Or are you driving up and down the same stretch of road just to burn fuel?
He-he, well, sort of. Other than a single trip to NYC, and a few trips to a local shopping area in very northern Massachusetts, all of those miles have been accumulated in New Hampshire driving to and from work and schlepping kids to and from soccer and horse therapy lessons. Unfortunately I got the word on Monday that I've been "Restructured" due to the economy and will be out of a contract come the first of April.

Edit: I just noticed that you wrote "...put 10k miles on a car in just 10 months??", when actually I've "...put 10k miles on my car in just 4 months."

Last edited by shipo; 03-21-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

Oops! I was replying to a lot of quotes there while trying to be amusing at the same time. 'Got confused. My mistake.
RESTRUCTURED!!!!>???? That doesn't sound good. You mean "unemployed?" OUCH, Dale!! I'm truly sorry for you, or anyone laid off while others are getting filthy rich on our tax dollars. (Easy Scott. Nothing personal.)
Any other prospects on the horizon?

Old 03-21-2009, 08:33 PM

RESTRUCTURED!!!!>???? That doesn't sound good. You mean "unemployed?" OUCH, Dale!! I'm truly sorry for you, or anyone laid off while others are getting filthy rich on our tax dollars. (Easy Scott. Nothing personal.)
Any other prospects on the horizon?

Yup, in my world "sans contrat" means I'm unemployed. Unfortunately, given that I'm "self employed", I don't even qualify for unemployment benefits. The good news here is that even though I usually start the search for my next gig well in advance of the contract end date (this contract was supposed to go through the end of June, meaning that I was going to start my search mid-May), I've actually come up with two very promising leads already. From a commute perspective however, both are not terribly desirable.

The first potential contract is in Boston (about two miles further [and twice the time] compared to Concord, NH where I drive now), and that means that instead of driving "against traffic" on relatively uncluttered roads, I'll be slogging into Bean Town in heavy traffic. The second contract is in Rockville, MD, some 475 miles from home, and that will mean renting a room (lots of folks are renting rooms these days), and then coming home roughly every other weekend (sixteen hours round trip).

Either way, the number of miles I drive per month is only likely to go up from from the 2,500 that I've been averaging.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:36 PM

Easy, FoMoCo was not the recipient of any of our precious tax dollars. And I doubt Scott is in the category of filthy rich, much more in the category of working class stiff like all the rest of us.

Quick Reply: I drive too much, haha...