Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

High Pitch noise

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 07:06 PM
Default High Pitch noise

I have a 2016 Mazda3 and am experiencing a high pitched whistle/squeal/sound when driving at freeway speeds. This began just before the 20k mark. I had the same experience with my 2014 Mazda3 and was told it was a front axle seal that was broken. I didn't have that one fixed, just traded the car in for this one and now the same thing. I haven't had this one checked yet, wondering if this is a manufacturer defect again or if anyone else has experiences such a problem. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

On another note - When locking my doors there is an electronic or functional whine. The dealer replaced the actuator and it did not solve the problem, actually it created one as they didn't put something back correctly and now a rear passenger door will not open from the outside, only the inside. I will be taking it back, but my concern is that the service team really doesn't know what is wrong, they just replace to "see" if that solves the problem. Again - any thoughts or feedback is appreciated.