Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HID Installed today!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Default HID Installed today!

Picture was taken while it was bright outside, and was the first time on.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: HID Installed today!

WOW!!! That was fast! How'd you get them in so quickly?
Did you remove the bumper cover or...?

Old 02-16-2008, 11:00 PM

the guy sent them as priority mail and i guess i got it aaaalot quicker it was in like 2 days or less i expected to get it in with my CAI but i went outside today and a package bounced off my door and said wtf is this so i got to work and installed them...ONLY prob is i broke one of the adapters so i had to make my own which wasn't hard at all and could have saved me 12$...o well. I didn't remove the bumper cover or anything in that matter all was being done with my hand behind the headlights and i mounted the ballasts under the headlights so you cant see them.

Old 02-17-2008, 06:53 AM
Super Moderator

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

How did you make your own adapter?? It almost looks like one could make them out of ABS or PCV pipe if the correct diameter could be had.

Old 02-17-2008, 12:57 PM

i just took a rubber groumet...how ever the hell its seplled.. but yea i used a rubber groumet that had pretty much the same diameter and distance on the bulb with the adapter on it so i just used it. you prob thinking that since its rubber it will flicker or bounce around but its a very hard rubber and those dam clamps on the headlights wont let the bulbs move at all so its cool.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

No. To the contrary! I think that sounds likea good solution to the problem.
Good job!!

Old 02-17-2008, 01:45 PM

i will post a pic of the little rubber piece im talking about soon....i don't want to mess with the bulbs and fight with that dam clip. check the free mods thread for me virgin i did the advance timing thing...

Old 02-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Yup! I saw that and replied. And I seriously don't blameyou for not wanting to mess w/that clip again. You already know my feelings about that thing. [:'(] (<<< That smilie looks like a pemento stuffedolive. )

Old 02-18-2008, 11:51 AM
Lev

The clips were the hardest part of the install. I managed to draw blood from them. The bulbs are really tight in there with the clips though. I have a prob with my headlight. They shake when i go over bumps. I took the bulbs out and made sure everything was tight and it was. Everything was installed properly and nothing loose. I don't know if it's because the HID's are so bright that any movementof the projector beam can be seen. It's not the kit or the bulbs bc I bought a new kit just in case it was, and i still have the shaking problem.Have you notice any shaking?

Old 02-18-2008, 03:54 PM

the shaking your talking about is comming from the front bumper or front end of the car, its the plastic/fiberglass bumper that shakes. When i lean on the front of my car you can hear the bumper move same with the side fenders, Could be your reinforcement bar under the bumper as well...which i doubt but is a possibility.

Quick Reply: HID Installed today!