Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Hi 3 Fans! My first post here & got a question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Default Hi 3 Fans! My first post here & got a question.

I bought my Blacked out 2008 Speed 3 GT off the showroom floor in Hawaii with 13 miles on it. I have added the MazdaSpeed intake and exhaust to the girl and she purrs and growls just right. But, it's time she received a modern tech upgrade....I'm going electric with some personally developed tech that might make my girl a free ride. (or dangerously close to it anyway)

Atlas I must remove her engine, intake, exhaust, possibly the tranny and very likely, even her brain. These parts are in excellent condition, Mazda recommended services actually exceeded, only synthetic oil and just 20,000 engine miles. Much less miles on the 2 mods. Her longest single trip was houston tx to colorado springs co and an oil change was done immediately on arrival.

So here's the question: In that condition, what are the combustion parts worth?
Complete 08 MS GT Engine w/MS-Cold Air Intake & MS-CB Exhaust. + Computer?
The money isn't important to the projects funds thankfully, but I'd like to know I got a reasonable sum for my beloved cars combustion parts.

I'm going to build my own regenerative electric motor / generator drive coupled with another low cost ambient energy system, or two. But I demand no less than it be a serious car with serious muscle. It must be my Mustang eater. I intend to not only convert it to a green car but a sexy mean and fast green car. My girl will see those Tesla's on the road real soon......

Old 05-07-2011, 01:23 AM

i got a question to... why? lol

Old 05-07-2011, 01:44 AM

Because I can mostly. The way I drive it costs me about 5.25 cents a mile in fuel. But converted to electric it becomes roughly a single cent. With the tech I developed to re-capture energy on top of a regenerative electric motor, I could seriously drive this thing for free. Electric motors can also provide far more torque and acceleration than a combustion engine. And because I love my speed. If i'm gonna drive a fast and green car, I want it to be my speed, it's my third child.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:55 AM

I understand that that are more effeciant... but why? It just seems like ALOT of work for not much economical sence since its gunna cost a ton to actully do this. I under stand your saving 4 cents a mile but how many thousands are you spending to do it?? Save your self some time and sell the speed to someone who acullty wants one and go buy a production electric sports car... how about this you give me the speed and ill give you my 3 and you do it to my car cause ill actully enjoy the car for what it is. Do you know how many people would kill to have a speed??? Im sure there are a ton on this forum alone... and your just gunna chop one up... yeah great idea

Old 05-07-2011, 08:48 AM

hmm complete engine and computer may go for 6k? Atleast thats what i feel someone will pay the highest for it unless you would like to donate or see if a performance shop would take it off your hands so as to help the speed community with more aftermarket parts.

Old 05-07-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by cornwellbs
I understand that that are more effeciant... but why? It just seems like ALOT of work for not much economical sence since its gunna cost a ton to actully do this.
Because i've spent two years and thousands of dollars of my personal money researching and developing free energy technologies. I have developed systems that could drastically reduce the run cost of already cheap EV operation, (roughly a cent a mile) or possibly eliminate it. If my system works like I believe it will, I might be able to replace most of the battery demand with much cheaper capacitor banks as well. EV's could be really cheap to build and operate. If my systems work, the full details will be disclosed through many online formats freely.

The point is to show that green cars can not only be extremely economical, but extremely fast and sexy as well. There is a photo of my girl in my profile now. The electric motor I will use can push about 365 ponies to the wheels, after battery weight. Stack an AWD conversion and a few custom made aerodynamic additions, when UI get done, this is gonna be a seriously green, seriously muscle, MazdaSpeed. Mazda should be paying me to do this, it will be like free advertising post op haha.

Old 05-09-2011, 04:52 PM

I want to see this project when complete, sounds like an interesting idea!