Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HAPPY BDAY TO MY MAZDA3i TOURING

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Default RE: HAPPY BDAY TO MY MAZDA3i TOURING

i looked at prices on a spoiler. it was ridiculous. about 265 in total. but most of that is probably labour.. but i dunno if i wanna drill a hole in my car. i may do it myself but in the future if i get a better job and more money i may just suck it up and pay for it to be done.. but happy birthday to your car for sure!!

Old 01-19-2008, 11:36 AM

ORIGINAL: sizzlin07

UBER, do you have a spoiler? I didn't get one on mine, but I want to install the OE one ASAP. Of course I'd hate to see what Mazda's gonna charge me to put one on...
Nope, no spoiler. On top of it being touring, my options were the auto tran, and side air bag package. No post purchase mods.

I'd be nervous about drilling holes in a new car, the professional labor might be high, IMO it might be worth paying to have an experienced person with the right tools do it. Also, I could be wrong, but I would hope they would do something to seal the holes, to prevent corrosion and leakage of water into the trunk.My 2 cents isask about that before proceeding.

My limited experiences with local Mazda dealers makes want to go back as little as possible. I had a paint issue occur immediately after buying, they dragged their heels for two months before it was properly dealt with by a top notch paint person. My sales person turned into the invisible man when I asked for his help.

I've never had them changed my oil (I get it done at Sears, or an oil change place ... btw, no matter what MazdaUSA says, I would not use 5w20 in summer, its too thin). They keep sending me fliers - which are bogusly designed to look like official notices - telling me its time to come in for"Manufacturers Recommended"service.The manual doesn't indicatethe need for the services they are describing. For example, just recently, I got a notice saying thatgiven they estimate my car has almost 15000 miles on it,I need to schedulea "15000 mile vehicle service."Per the manual, there is no such thing! They aren't suggesting just an oil change (there is a box foroil changeon the "notice" which is unchecked), they are saying it needs "scheduled maintenance" but nothing in the flier says one word about what exactly they propose doing. It's a pretty big turn off for me, when they try to pad their bottom linevia over-maintaining my car.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:47 AM

After you drill the holes, you paint the raw metal with touch-up paint, After the paint is dried, I put silicone sealer in the holes prior to tightening everything down.

I installed a spoiler on my friend's 6i and he hasn't had any problems with it at all.

The only other thing you might want to think about if you do add the spoiler is a new set of trunk lift struts. The vehicles equipped with a spoiler from the factory have a stiffer set to compensate for the added weight of the spoiler.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:51 AM

Good tips, sstlaure. Yeah Uberman,all that Mazda stuff sounds like a royal P.I.M.A.

Old 01-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

I got a notice from my dealer recentlythat explained the necessity of changing my timing belt on a regualr basis. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

[sm=noooo.gif] [sm=lame.gif]

Maybe I shouldmake anappointment for that. What do you guys think?

Old 01-24-2008, 11:24 AM
VB

ORIGINAL: virgin1

I got a notice from my dealer recentlythat explained the necessity of changing my timing belt on a regualr basis. [sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

I have a better one for you, Richard: Wayne Mazda still calls me to schedule maintenance (oil changes, timing belt, etc.), and once sent me a flier telling me that the parts I needed for my 6 came in (left exhaust pipe and a power steering pump! Hmm, those are what I suspected to be wrong with the car when I went to pick it up...).
And the kicker? I never bought that 6! [sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 01-24-2008, 11:42 AM

ROFL.....
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Yea... that'spretty bad all right.How did the service/parts dept get your information? They are no doubt the ones sending the notices.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Interesting that you have a timing belt, whereas my 2007 Mazda3 w/2.0 has a timing chain.

I don't knowwhat the scoop isfor 21st century cars, but for 90s cars that had timing belts, they did for manyengines recommend replacing them somewhere in the 60000-100000 mile range.

Old 01-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

Interesting that you have a timing belt, whereas my 2007 Mazda3 w/2.0 has a timing chain.

So does the2.3L, but they seem tothink my "belt" needs changing. That's the irony. How can they not know....?