Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

HAPPY BDAY TO MY MAZDA3i TOURING

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 11:55 PM
Default HAPPY BDAY TO MY MAZDA3i TOURING

It was one year ago this week that I picked up my new Mazda 3i Touring from the (now defunct) dealership.

I'm happier with the car now than I was 10 months ago. I had thoughts right after buying thevehicle of, "Did I really buy the right car?" One year later, I can say I obsolutely DID purchase thebest vehicle for me.

Number one reason, the handling of the vehicle is absolutely best in class for the dollars spent - no car in this size class that is within $10K of this car hascornering and stablilitydynamics closeto theM3. I regularly drive on $hitty, beat up freeways and expressways, this car handles them with amazing poise. I continue to be thrilled with the feel from the steering wheel ... both on the straightaway, and especially going around corners. Routine lefts and rightsare a joy.

Second reason is the style/comfort ... the external style and curves, the internal ergonomics, the comfort of the seat/driving position ... again, IMO, there is not car in this size class within $10K that is close to the M3.

This car may have its quirks and eccentricities, okay.The core important stuff on this vehicle is done absolutely right.

Odomoter reading=6099, not a lot of miles, I know. And over 1000 of this was in one glorious road trip weekin thesummer of2007 ...

I am (for now)the urbanman, this car has not (yet) been subject to commuting abuse.For convenience (and other life development's)sake, a move to the (gasp, oh no) suburbs looks likely, I (unfortunately) may be commuting in my M3 in 2008 and forward. Idid buythe M3to be my beast of burden (hello rolling stones), if that's where life goes in 2008, so be it, I am confident my M3 will handle what I throw at it.

Signed, a content owner. /UrbammanUSA

Old 01-16-2008, 08:59 AM
Default RE: HAPPY BDAY TO MY MAZDA3i TOURING

Happy B-day for your 3......did you buy any gift for your 3?

________
HotBritney22 cam

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:59 AM

I used my 3 for a full 2 years commuting (50K miles in that time.) Even with Pro-kit springs and 17" wheels/tires it was a very comfortable/affordable car to drive.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

Happy B'day UBM's 3!!

Old 01-16-2008, 10:32 PM

Happy Birthday to your M3. I recently purchased a new 2008 Mazda 3 myself and really like the vehicle too. I think it handles really well and has a very comfortable ride. It is roomy without being big. Unfortunately, I have my left (clutch) foot in a cast right now and have not been able to drive it since 12/28 but soon I will get the cast off and will be back on the road.

Old 01-17-2008, 02:56 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I have the same car...

Old 01-17-2008, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

That's some commute!! Oregon to NewYork... Do you share, or ride-share the car????

(I'm a baaaddd boy.)

Old 01-17-2008, 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: sizzlin07

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I have the same car...
Silver sedan, touring edition,its a winner ...

Old 01-18-2008, 03:37 PM

UBER, do you have a spoiler? I didn't get one on mine, but I want to install the OE one ASAP. Of course I'd hate to see what Mazda's gonna charge me to put one on...

Old 01-18-2008, 06:50 PM

Installing the spoiler isn't that hard.

A spring loaded center-punch, a step drill bit and a 3/8" drill and you'd be good to go. The kit should come with a template that you tape down to your trunk to get the alignment right. Just measure a ton of times to make sure it's even and you'll be fine.

They'd probably charge ~2 hrs labor to install.

Quick Reply: HAPPY BDAY TO MY MAZDA3i TOURING