Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

handles like jello

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Default RE: handles like jello

that is oversteer. some people like to increase this and drift, but i don't like it personally. a sway bar would help the bottom end of it and a strut tower brace in the rear will help the top end of it. you just need to firm up the rear end and do something to get better grip.

as far as the carbon fiber hatch thing goes, there is a guy that i can set you up with that if you can get a group buy together, he can have them custom made, but they are not readily available. i have gone through all of this with my old pro 5 but i couldn't get enough people who wanted to put up money to get one.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:33 AM

thats sounds great im definitely down for the whole group purchase thing. im gonna have to wait a while tho. because i jus bought the car and i got a whole bunch of bills and birthdays to take care of. gotta get my financial situation in order. o and how big does the group gotta be, 20 people? if thats the case then im sure it wont be to hard.

as far as oversteer goes thats not it. the car is still pointing in the rite direction and i have controll over it. i kno wat oversteer feels and looks like. this isnt it. idk jus put ur hand on a peice of jello and move from side to side.lol. if u did it notice the instability. thats wat the car feels like. i wish u guys were here to to experience it. so u could be like "ooooo".

and i went to go put the test set on and the didnt fit.[:'(] so i went out again and i went faster this time around. couldnt notice it as much, i think it was masked because i was feinting this time around into most of the turns. but on slower turns i still noticed it. idk. these tires are about to go soon. cant wait

p.s. this is my fisrt second page kool.lol. im gonna go to sleep happy!

Old 05-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator

wats the difference between sway bars. i mean aint it just a piece of metal that prevents body roll.
What's the difference? Size of the bar which directly effects handling, that's all. Whetherthey're in pairs, front and rear, or rear only like my Progress. They are spring steel and can be made adjustable. Also the use and quality of the steel.
Don't discount the use of agood sway bar set, my friend.

and im kind of reluctant to swap out my rims. there the nicest stock rims i've seen in a while. id if i was i might switch them out wit some three spoke.

That's fine. I was only suggesting that losing weight in that area would also improve handling. While many AM's don't save any weight, and some are actually heavier, I've seen wheels that can save 6lbs per corner. That's a nice drop, imo.
o and is there a carbon fiber trunk lid for the 3? that would b sick.

Sick, maybe, and it would save you some weight but if you're primary concern is handling, spend that $7-$800 on springs, shocks wheels and tires and you'll be much closer to where you wanna be.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:15 PM

yea i only mentioned the carbon fiber hood cuz it my birthday soon. so im gonna try to get myself something nice . coilovers, tires, etc. i will jus get wen they need to be replaced. jus wanna get the full use out of them. thanx for skoolin me on sway bars. i was jus gonna buy the cheapest ones i find.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:02 PM

about the group buy that i mentioned earlier:
it came up on one of the other forums that i deal with and we were going to do a group buy on cf hatches for our pro 5's there were a whole lot of people that were interested, but no one wanted to put up money to get started. here are the standards:
15 is the minimum order, they all have to be the same in color, size, shape, weave, grade, everything exactly the same. the hatch will be oem styleand you will be able to use all of the stock accesories(wiper, handle, etc.) and will shut the same as the factory without having to baby it. this does not include glass or lexan, you will have to handle that part on your own. the company does do lexan, but they could only do it for a group buy if that is what everyone in the buy wanted. the running number on price tag is about $700 plus shipping and that is just the hatch. but this number could go down $100 dollars or so. this should drop about 150 lbs. off the back of the car so this is a lot of weight reduction for one place. the thing that kept it from happening for us is that everyone on the forum wanted to see a finished product and see the weight reduction but he couldn't deliver until they ordered them.
if you can get it together, i could set you up with the guy, but i will not be buying because i don't have a mazda 3 so i would have nothing to do with this, only a link.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:56 PM

wsoape281 is this ur guy's work? cuz if so it looks good!

Old 05-20-2007, 03:24 PM

i'm not sure, but that is what his would look like.

Old 05-20-2007, 09:38 PM

FYI..to make a mold to produce parts like that costs around $2000

Old 05-21-2007, 01:13 AM

wow. thats a lot of dough.

Old 05-21-2007, 11:17 PM

the shop that i know, the minimum buy is like $8000. then they mass produce them after the original group buy.

Quick Reply: handles like jello