Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Grom Audio Adapter : 1--Sylfex Adapter: 0

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Default Grom Audio Adapter : 1--Sylfex Adapter: 0

hey guys...for anyone interested, I just picked up this great mp3 adapter from Grom Audio. I needed an adapter to run my Zune through my radio ( I hate FM transmitters) - it does what the Sylfex MP3 adapter does...but it actually comes in an enclosed case and comes with all the necessary hookups and wires (i paid $58.00 shipped for it on ebay)

http://myworld.ebay.com/gromaudio/

search his mazda products to find the MP3 adapter. (Official Grom Audio website: www.gromaudio.com )

I was skeptical at first since people seem to like this sylfex basic product for their mazdas that doesn't come with anything besides zip ties and IMO looks like it was made in someones basement yet costs $60+ ....rip.

I had great communication with Grom Audio making sure it would work in my 2006 Mazda 3 and in the end, it took me 15 minutes max to install ( I think my little sister could do it ) I am VERY pleased with overall build quality of the unit and the sound is absolutely perfect. I listened to all sorts of music - no static - crystal clear - great bass. I am pumped - love this thing.

I figured I'd just post this so people know theres something else out there besides the sylfex basic unit. And no, I am not a representative for Grom Audio...i just think this thing kicks ***.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Grom Audio Adapter : 1--Sylfex Adapter: 0

Good find, I didn't realize they were making a simple auxiliary input in addition to their ipod module. I wouldn't call the sylfex module a rip off just because it doesn't come in a case.... I've had mine for nearly three years without a single problem. Also the Aux Mod is still a good option for many people because it uses the TAPE/MD port vs. the multi funciton port (sirius/ipod/ACI) on the back of the HU. Still the Grom is a good buy and I'll be adding it to my list.

Old 03-18-2008, 01:26 PM

yeaah i'll agree its not a total rip off...in my amateur comparison, i just saw a more professional looking unit with all the wires included for less money - i was all over that lol

Old 03-18-2008, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

No you're right that the grom comes with more. Realistically the Aux Mod was the only audio input for several years so they didn't have to work very hard to get business, and then when more competition started coming out they seemed to almost close up shop.

The Grom unit is much more similar to the PIE module in both function and packaging but with the price of the Grom you're saving nearly $20 over the PIE. Now if they could set up their own website and get off of ebay they're probably get more customers who just don't like ebay stores.

Old 03-18-2008, 06:55 PM

hm wierd...i just tried the link i put in and it doesn't work... im not sure why - if you type the address into the search bar it works fine....straaaange