Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Funny but stupid race...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 04:32 AM
Default Funny but stupid race...

OK so I know this isnt going to help anyone out but thought you guys might wanna hear about an incident I had with a corolla (old body models). 97 corolla I believe.

I was on my way home, it was about 3 in the morning and about 12 blocks from my house i notice a corolla tailgating me. So i speed up a bit because i thought I was driving too slow for him. We are at a residential area when all of this happened and at this time this street is pretty much dead! So as I was driving and minding my own business all of a sudden he guns it (you can hear his exhaust roaring like crazy but he didnt seem to go anywhere) and decided to roll next to me for the next 3 blocks. So at first I thought this guy is dumb so just go home and let it be. But after a while I got annoyed. I was now about 4 blocks from my house and all of a sudden he floors it and waits for me at the stop sign. Keep in mind that this is a residential area which had about 1 stop sign on every end of the block. So I said what the heck, lets have some fun haha. He had me by a little on the start because the mazda3's cant take off well from a full stop. But once I hit 10mph, I floored it and kept going, rolling every stop sign. I passed by the corolla, smiled, and made a U turn to go back home haha. I wish you guys could have seen the face on that guy when i smoked him. "ZOOM ZOOM"

Anyways I know it was a dumb thing to do since it was at a residential area and risk being pulled over. But it was worth seeing the face on that guy haha.

just wanted to share that with the mazda 3 owners. SCORE ONE FOR THE MAZDA WOOT!! haha.

Oh by the way, the ppl that wanted to know, all i have is a magnaflow exhaust on my car. So my mzd3 is bone stock!! =)

Old 02-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Default RE: Funny but stupid race...

not very smart to do that in a residential area, but nice to see the 3 take on another car. I driving on the freeway and was messing around w/ a 350Z, we were pulling on each other and passing each other. it was a pretty fun run for a few miles, until we got off the freeway and he took off at the stoplight.

Old 02-01-2006, 05:29 PM

[omitted]

Old 02-01-2006, 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: mzd3_stratblu
He had me by a little on the start because the mazda3's cant take off well from a full stop.

thats an interesting race, the corolla would definitely be more of a challenge on an Auto-X track or on a windy backroad (they are small, light, and handle fairly well). i took one about a week ago off a a 90 degree turn then just watched the toyota get smaller in my rear view, pretty fun.

why do you say your 3 cant take off well from a full stop? what tires are you running? is your car stick or automatic? and is it 2.0l or 2.3l, sedan or 5-door?

Old 02-01-2006, 08:53 PM

I drive a 05 mazda3i 2.0L sedan. Running on the factory toyo tires (kinda bad now) I need new tires. YEa mine is auto and I recently posted about the 3 slow at picking up speed. Im not sure if its just my car but my neighbor that has the same model and year as me said that same thing about his car.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:01 PM

maybe if you got some new tires it would help your acceleration a bit. i didnt like the stockers much at all. they were replaced after 10,000 miles with all-season BFG Traction T/A's (215, 55, 17). they were a big improvement over the originals.

Old 02-01-2006, 09:18 PM

Stupid would have been doing it during the day,..doing at 3am in the middle of the night,..the only stupid there is maybe a cop who is bored is rolling around in that neighborhood and catches ya,..you would have surely seen any headlights from other cars too....so don't feel so bad on yourself And hey,..ya gotta cut loose every now and then,..thats part of having fun. Just be safe. I'll be posting pics of my Mazda soon..it's comming along slowly...new rims and tires go on this week.

Old 02-05-2006, 08:29 PM

i love the tires i have on now, i think they are nokia and they are winter tires, they grip the tar like crazy it does make a little road noise, but its definitley worth the traction and the people that think they can race me in the dead of winter...

Old 02-09-2006, 01:42 PM

It's not funny to be stupid when racing. Locally 2 teenagers driving thier parents Marcedes thougt it would be fun to race each other. At high speed one car hit a cab and killed the driver an inocent father of 3
This was at 10:30 at night. So what did they prove? That they can kill someone? So think twice before you do something funny that is stupid because anything can happen at any time.
Save your racing to the drag strip. In some states if caught racing you lose your ride.

Old 02-10-2006, 10:17 AM

i don't race all the time, but where i live is very rural