Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Fuel Filter on Mazda 3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 09:35 AM
Default Fuel Filter on Mazda 3?

Where is the fuel filter located on 2.3l Mazda 3 5-door and where can I buy one? I can't find ANY fuel filters for sale for this car, but the owners manual does recommend chaging it. Bill

Old 04-01-2006, 01:43 PM
Default RE: Fuel Filter on Mazda 3?

go to autozone, advance auto parts, or your local mazda dealer....tell them your year, make and model. you need a cartridge filter, not a screw on. it should cost between 5 - 9 dollars (U.S.) you also need a filter cap wrench to take off the cap. here is a site my dad found for me, quite helpful.

http://www.aitchison.org/robert/Mazd...YOilChange.htm

goodluck, have fun

Old 04-01-2006, 06:53 PM

Well the site that you provided helps alot for an oil change, but not for a fuel filter. I would like to know wthe same, sonner or later when the time arrives for me to change a fuel filter I have to do it. So, if there soneone who knows where it is located an how to do because i never did it before, let me know, thanks.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:31 PM

The question is definitely for the fuel filter, not the oil filter. Most stores carry the oil filters now, although they were very hard to find when the 3 first came out. No store, online or brick and mortar, has a fuel filter listed. Can't believe there isn't one somewhere on the 3.

Old 04-01-2006, 08:47 PM

lol oops, i read it real fast this morning when i woke up...uh...for anyone needing oil filter assistance, see my post haha...in reference to a fuel filter...i have no clue, goodluck.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:24 PM

The fuel filter is not an item that you would want to replace just because it was time. It is part of the fuel pump inside the tank. Not only would you need to drop the tank to get access to it but the pump for a 2.3 is around $345, the pump for the 2.0 is $610.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:00 PM

yeah...what he said

Old 04-05-2006, 02:05 PM

Uhm, ok, sounds like a very tricky part to do it yourself, do you know if it would be better to purchase Do-It-Yourself maintance booklet and do it the right way, or i need special tools to do it? Well it doesn't sound so bad though, drive till the tank is almost empty, and do it, but its just an immaginery situation, it always easier to say than to do Do you have pics by any chance to look at where the fuel filter located and looks like?

Old 09-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Default Well little student.

The fuel filter on the mazda 3 model is over the tank, all you need to do is remove the back seat, and find a cap withe the lines conection, remove a plastic cover, and you see the filter is small, thats all, you dont need to remove the tank and also you dont need to touch the pump. the hard way is remove the back seat thats all.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Default fuel filter

you might want to try this site...hope it helps. http://www.ehow.com/how_5108218_repl...el-filter.html

Quick Reply: Fuel Filter on Mazda 3?