Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Freon Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Default Freon Problem?

OK.. I have a 2004 Mazda 3 i and it has never had air conditioning issues until now. I am in Texas and it is like already 90 degrees every day. Well the other day on the way home from work, the tick noise that comes on when the fans kick on in the engine, kept ticking over and over. There was no interval of time in between. Then I noticed the air was blowing out warm. Well it would get cold again. Now, a few days later, it never got cold again. Yesterday it blew out warm/hot air the whole time the AC was on. It was ridiculous! I cant believe my car, being 3 years old, is already doing this! The warranty just went out because I hit 50K miles! Sucks.. my boyfriend thinks it is the freon, either it is low or out of freon or the compressor isnt staying on and that is why i am hearing that clicking noise. But there is NO cold air blowing out at all. Any ideas or advice would really help!
Has anyone else had this problem??

Thanks!

Old 06-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Default RE: Freon Problem?

If the Clutch and coil on the A/c compressor is kicking on and of to much that is a sign of low to no freon. sounds like you got a leak some where it can be a number of things to cause a leak or it could have evaporated over time.

I would try filling it with freon probably 2 cans will do it and see how long it takes for it to go back down.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Freon Problem?

It could be a number of things from the low freon/refrigerantlevel to a bad expansion valve to a problem with the control panel.
Anything from this distance would only be speculation though.
If it's still under warranty, take it to the dealer for a look-see.

Whoops! Just saw you are out of warranty.But if you have a good dealer, and are close to the 50K mark, perhaps they would honor it anyway?