Mazda Millenia This sedan, the flagship luxury sedan, offers both a naturally aspirated and supercharged model, so you can have your luxury, and, if you have a need for speed, big horsepower.

99 millenia s blowing hot air, freon ok, lines are cold

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 11:09 AM
Unhappy 99 millenia s blowing hot air, freon ok, lines are cold

I have a 99 Millenia S that started blowing hot air with the air conditioning on. I have checked to a/c lines and they seem very cold going into the fire wall. Could the damper be stuck? Please help!

Old 07-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Talking

That's what it sounds like to me, only one why to find out
Originally Posted by gcracraft
I have a 99 Millenia S that started blowing hot air with the air conditioning on. I have checked to a/c lines and they seem very cold going into the fire wall. Could the damper be stuck? Please help!

Last edited by vlstellato; 07-29-2009 at 11:47 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 PM

Your going to have to get behind the AC switches and find damper housing and see if it is stuck on the heat side. You will blow warm air if feron is low check everything else first before you remove the dash controls
Originally Posted by gcracraft

Old 07-29-2009, 12:07 PM

where is the damper control located?

Old 07-29-2009, 01:27 PM

wtf is a dampner? heat/cold air is mixed by blende doors, which is controlled by the a/c amplifier. i would start there, they are cheap on ebay, and easy to change. only 2 screws, a few harness connectors, and the panel comes off. the amp is screwed into the backside of the panel. takes about 20 mins to change, IF you know what you are doing. if the amp is good, next would be a blende door actuator, and that is a HUGE pain to get at.

Old 07-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by keninn
wtf is a dampner? heat/cold air is mixed by blende doors, which is controlled by the a/c amplifier. i would start there, they are cheap on ebay, and easy to change. only 2 screws, a few harness connectors, and the panel comes off. the amp is screwed into the backside of the panel. takes about 20 mins to change, IF you know what you are doing. if the amp is good, next would be a blende door actuator, and that is a HUGE pain to get at.
Keninn,
Your right it's damper not dampner! lol. Anyway as you know the damper is used to redirect air flow from the vents to either front window defrost or floor vents. I know that wasn't the infomation the other member was looking for, nor do I know why I posted it. Long day!! NO EXCUSE FOR MY STUPIDITY

Last edited by vlstellato; 07-29-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:51 PM

also, if it is in the defrost mode, then i would for sure change the amp. japan is like germany, or all of europe for that matter. if the hvac is defective, the default is the defrost mode.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:54 PM

I am having the exact same problem with my 2000 milly s. Only blows (very) hot air. Compressor is running and refrigerant lines are cold. The mode switches between panel vents, floor vents and defrost vents, but no cold air....only hot. I think it is the blend door actuator. Is there a way to troubleshoot between the amp and the actuator? Is it possible to access the actuatior through the center console if the radio is removed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jrzeeguy
I am having the exact same problem with my 2000 milly s. Only blows (very) hot air. Compressor is running and refrigerant lines are cold. The mode switches between panel vents, floor vents and defrost vents, but no cold air....only hot. I think it is the blend door actuator. Is there a way to troubleshoot between the amp and the actuator? Is it possible to access the actuatior through the center console if the radio is removed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
a used hvac amp is less than 50 bucks on ebay all day long. they used to be 20 bucks. i still have 2 spares left. to change the amp, takes about 30 minutes, maybe an hour the first time. i have never changed an actuator, but i bet that takes several hours, and i have never heard of them going bad. amps go ALL the time. if you want a good used actuator, go to mazdaworld.org(you will have to register), millenia section, and look for bigb. he just disassembled his whole car. he can give you an idea on how to get at the actuators, and probably sell you a good used one. but i still think it is the amp

Old 09-10-2013, 08:10 AM

You may be right.....the only reason I was leaning toward the actuator was because everthing else is working properly.....the mode selector, fan switch, ac switch (compressor comes on), recirc/fresh, etc. all function as required. The only thing that does not seem to be working is the air blend door.. If the amp is that easy to replace, I'll try that first...

Quick Reply: 99 millenia s blowing hot air, freon ok, lines are cold