Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Factory Alarm sensitivity

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:23 PM
Default Factory Alarm sensitivity

Just picked up my 08 Speed3 GT on Friday. The dealer said that the alarm sensitivity is turned low and can be adjusted. Anyone know how to adjust the sensitivity yourself? Thanks.

Old 09-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Factory Alarm sensitivity

What alarm system? Is that an option for the '08's, or dealer installed? Or are you talking about the ignition cut-off if the wrong key is detected?
Need input, Stephanie!! Input....

Old 09-10-2007, 08:01 PM

According to the dealer and the Owners Manual, any attempt to enter the vehicle i.e. smashing the glass or some other forced entry will trigger the horn and lights to go off. The dealer said that the sensitivity is set low and that it can be adjusted. This feature is factory standard on both the 07's and 08 MazdaSpeed3 Grand Touring Models.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:40 PM

i know on my alarm i have an override button down near my left foot when i am sitting in the driver seat, it is up on the left kickplate there. do you see that? if you have one of those i can help you, if not i will still post up this instruction on how to do it

Old 09-10-2007, 10:54 PM

if you go to the link in this post it will take you to the installation manual for the remote start. if you go down to box (section) 18 number 2 under that box tells you how to setup and adjust the shock sensor which is what you are talking about. you just need to find the override button which should be down near your foot oh the kickpanel there. let me know if you can find it or if this worked?

http://www.gotmaurice.com/mz3forums/...n%20Manual.pdf

Old 09-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Just don't make the damned thing too sensitive. A moderate breeze, or gust of wind could set it off. As one who's been on the receiving end of about ten of those kinds of cars, I can tell you it ain't fun being kept awake all night by them!
Please don't do that.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: esloyer

if you go to the link in this post it will take you to the installation manual for the remote start. if you go down to box (section) 18 number 2 under that box tells you how to setup and adjust the shock sensor which is what you are talking about. you just need to find the override button which should be down near your foot oh the kickpanel there. let me know if you can find it or if this worked?

http://www.gotmaurice.com/mz3forums/...n%20Manual.pdf
Man!! I just looked at those instruction sheets you posted and that looks like some kinda' job to get this done... especially if one were trying to DIY it in their driveway or parking lot.
Does anyone know what they're referring to/define: "fiber stick?" Never heard that one before.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:10 PM

It doesn't look that bad, i am going to try it tomorrow if I can remember, let you know how it goes...

Old 09-23-2007, 08:07 PM

my car never came with an alarm system. if i want one i have to buy one blah how much would that be though. oh well i got keyless entry

Old 10-01-2007, 09:03 AM

well if you want an alarm system the remote start system includes an alarm system that they install into the car. The remote start it self is MSRP $300 and work will be about $100 - $200

There are also aftermarket alarm systems

Quick Reply: Factory Alarm sensitivity