Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

F2 Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 12:41 PM
Default F2 Turbo Kit

Hmm, this says it is for up to a 2009.
http://www.f2usa.com/138/index.php?m...f99e4d5dbfb78b

Old 11-11-2009, 12:45 PM

Or perhaps a supercharger for 04-05.
http://www.f2usa.com/138/index.php?m...oducts_id=4830

They also have a Fujita CAI for $197. I thought these were running well over $200.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Interesting. They will be offering a supercharger for our cars. That does seem like the easiest way to get boost... I think. The lower boost level of a super should be safe for unmodified (re: forged) rotating components? And the turbo kit does not come w/ECU or tuning applications, so that's gonna cost a few more bucks there too.
I wonder why it wouldn't fit up to '09 since the engine bays didn't change. Perhaps they are being cautious because they only tested an '04-'05 model?

Old 11-11-2009, 02:38 PM

Here's a Miata kit that uses the same supercharger.
http://www.kraftwerksusa.com/product...hp?productId=4

Old 11-11-2009, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

Interesting. They will be offering a supercharger for our cars. That does seem like the easiest way to get boost... I think. The lower boost level of a super should be safe for unmodified (re: forged) rotating components? And the turbo kit does not come w/ECU or tuning applications, so that's gonna cost a few more bucks there too.
I wonder why it wouldn't fit up to '09 since the engine bays didn't change. Perhaps they are being cautious because they only tested an '04-'05 model?

If it is anything like the Jackson Supercharger for the Focus, it took a different tune and I don't know if they still have it set up for the 08 on up Focus yet.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:14 PM

I would have thought a mild boost from a supercharger would be ok with a stock tune.

Do you think this would work for our cars?
http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfm67mmbillet...atecfocus.aspx

Old 11-11-2009, 04:38 PM

I see that it won't but, I found this.

"We are in the testing stages with a new drive by wire throttle body for 2008 - 2010 Ford Focus..." - blackdiamondracing.com

Old 11-11-2009, 05:11 PM

supercharger would have it's benefits in always pulling a set boost under specific circumstances. a turbo operates on load and has a tendency to surge or spike under certain conditions. in that way, supercharging is safer. as far as power goes, FWD needs the lag of a turbo. traction control, if you will.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:17 PM

"The 08-10 Focus TB is 2 months out. We are also looking at the Mazda 3 if the Focus continues to go well. While the throttle bodies look similar, the bolt patterns and bore centers are not the same on the Mazda 3 and Focus. So our new Focus TB will not work on the Mazda 3 2.3l. We may have something for the Mazda 3 in the spring."
Kevin
Black Diamond CNC Inc.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:16 AM

Heres the thing although parts are similar they are not the same between the focus and 3, there are a few parts that are interchangeable (intake mani, exhaust, crank intake). the supercharger upgrade will not give the performance of a turbo, a turbo system will always be more efficient just based on that it doesnt take power to make power, also having boost off the line in a FWD just means major wheelspin and then just fall on its face up top. there is also the chance of over spinning the supercharger aka spike or surge

Depending on the condition of your motor ur gonna throw a rod if you didnt keep it in good shape even if your only boosting at 6psi, i have a stock rod in my room and i wouldnt trust it with more than 8psi even though its been able to withstand up to 15psi. All engines are not created the same just because someone got away with 15psi on stock rods does not mean yours will.

I know of two other people with the F2 kit and they say its been good to them, everyone wants to see a supercharger for the 3 but forgetting that its putting way more stress on driveline components vs a turbo setup and the power gains are less (if you want an example look at the colbalt, it went from a supercharger to turbo and knocked ~1.5sec off e.t).

The only difference between 04-05, 06-09 is the wiring (all three wires haha) well there are a few other differences but nothing that changes clearances or anything major.

Oh and adding forced induction on your car if you have an automatic is HIGHLY not recommended, im not trying to be a smartass, the auto trans would give out before the motor will even on 6psi, if you REALLY want to add forced induction your your auto ride, you MUST upgrade its internals.

One more thing, there is already a solution to give an immediate response on a drive-by wire and override the ECU ability to close the throttle plate even if your accelerating, just look for sprintbooster. Or you could convert it to cable TB but that would involve a full standalone to control your TPS and all that.

Heres my 2cents, if you want to just slap on a turbo system its just better to get one preassembled, but if you want to get the best bang for your buck you can build your own turbokit for even cheaper, you just have to know what your doing and what to buy.

Quick Reply: F2 Turbo Kit