Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Emergency Brake Light On!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Exclamation Emergency Brake Light On!

I have a 2006 mazda 3 hatchback with about 65,000 miles. My emergency brake light came on a day ago. I have checked the Emergency brake to make sure it was not engaged and it was not, I have topped off my brake fluid level to meet the maximum fill line. The light is still on. any thoughts? Are there sensors in the pads that will trigger the light. The pads do need to be replaced and I will be doing that monday. Both front and rear are really worn. Would worn pads trip the light or is there another reason?

Old 06-20-2009, 08:42 PM

you could have a stuck brake cable (pray that you dont) if you play with it too much you could end up stretching it but thats kind unlikely, maybe somehow the cable came out of adjustment, if i find out how to check for adjustment ill let you know other than that i guess have a dealer check it out...better safe than sorry and if you wait to find out that the rear pads were actually applied even slightly you gonna end up paying for it

Old 06-21-2009, 04:16 PM
Default Rubbing

I jacked up the rear end of my mazda today. I noticed the rear passenger side wheel makes a metal on metal rubbing sound. The drivers side rear wheel makes no sound at all. Could that have something to do with it?

Old 06-22-2009, 04:53 PM

yah deff, the rear right whell is the one that has the E brake on it most the time, could just need a lube job, or you might need a new break cable... can you push the brake lever down and the light go off? cuz most cars have the light sesor directly there... not in the break itself... but if your cable is caught on something, it could be holding your break lever up enough to keep the light on...