Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Edmunds.com has 2009 Mazda3 spy photo

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Default RE: Edmunds.com has 2009 Mazda3 spy photo

Looks like the same car to me with minor variations. I am not familiar with the length of Model changes, is the 3 due for a total change. I suggest the current model is so good, you dont want to mess with success.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:13 PM

dont expect the new 3 to look like that. when they released spy photos of the speed3, it was the body of the original 3 with a horrid boxy hoodscoop for the top mount intercooler. underneath though, its the 2.5 liter with whatever they have changed.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:19 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

ORIGINAL: npoll212

great news with the new exhaust setup and engine choice. I felt the car always needed about 170-180 hp to be a true sport compact. Cudos to mazda, but why is mazda beginning to use more and more ford parts? I want my car dependable along with everything else mazda offers. It seems to me that mazda is going in a bad direction by piggybacking on ford

Ford owns the controlling share in Japan. I've heard (not legally verified) that Japanese law states one only has to own 31% of the stock to be in control of thecompany. For them it's a business decision and cheaper to share parts rather than making brand/model specific parts. Have you looked at Volvo's (also controlled by Ford) lately?

Asfar as the rest is concerned(and even your view of Ford's influence) I agree w/you. I too have felt 20-30 more hp was needed from the factory. And now with others catching up in the hp wars they have an even bigger goal to reach.

edit, and off-topic: Hey Urban!! You've finally put upa avatar!! Yeayssss!!
We need more sigs and avatars on this site, though I know how much trouble I had getting them to work properly.

how the hell can i get my avatar to work. ive tried and tried and i cant do it!!!! lol

Old 10-07-2007, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

I had a lot of trouble w/that on this site too... and especially my sig. This forum is not very user friendly for such things.
If I remembered I'd tell you how, but just keep trying different things. That's how I finally got it to work.

Old 10-07-2007, 02:52 PM

i tried using paint but that didnt work i dont know how i can make the damn picture smaller bahhhhhh anyone else know?

Old 10-07-2007, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

Looks like the current M3 to me. A 2.5 in this vehicle? Seems crazy. Why go with a bigger displacement engine? What group of buyers would you be aiming at with that? I see no reason in the world why Mazda would do that. Buyers right now are seeking fun compacts that are fuel efficient.
its nothing new that car companies "upgrade" their vehicles every some odd years. i guess they consider the feedback they got on the old models and change it up a bit. maybe alot of people werent happy about the power it put out.

Old 10-07-2007, 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Lupae3s

dont expect the new 3 to look like that. when they released spy photos of the speed3, it was the body of the original 3 with a horrid boxy hoodscoop for the top mount intercooler. underneath though, its the 2.5 liter with whatever they have changed.

you wouldnt happen to ahve the pics would you????? i'd would love to see those!

Old 10-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

Idon't and don't know where I saw them but I know what he's talking about as I saw them too.
The first official test drive article was in SCC though and I saw that too.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:04 PM

edit, and off-topic: Hey Urban!! You've finally put upa avatar!! Yeayssss!!
We need more sigs and avatars on this site, though I know how much trouble I had getting them to work properly.
how the hell can i get my avatar to work. ive tried and tried and i cant do it!!!! lol
First thing is, there is a limit to how big your pic can be in pixel terms. That is the killer, because I don't think it is well explained that you need to reduce your pixel count. In other words, you need to put your pic into animaging program and reduce its size in pixel terms. After that, you go into My Profile, and it is easy to figure out. I had a lot of failures because I kept cropping the pic to make it smaller, when what I really needed to do was reduce the pixels.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:56 PM

I think mazda should go with a 2.4 literengine instead. They'llget bettergas mileageover the 2.5while making 170-190HP. If that really is a speed3 glad they decided to makea sedan for it too.

Quick Reply: Edmunds.com has 2009 Mazda3 spy photo