Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Decals for my ride!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Default RE: Decals for my ride!

Those are two places i would not ever thought of puting them on...Thank you for all the ideas!!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:41 PM
Super Moderator

If you had a HB/5-dr, you could also put them on the stationary quarter windowsat an angle following the C piller. I've seen that done before too, butof course you have the sedan.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:10 PM

I am having a hard time deciding where to put the decals since the SEDAN in my opinion has only a few places...stick it!! In your case having a 5 door mazda there are more options available....thanks for looking out....peace

Old 10-07-2008, 10:05 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, you my have more options than we do. At the very least you don"t have the rear wiper to contend with... but I"ll keep my rear wiper. It"s one of the best things about a HB, IMO.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:46 PM

I vote putting them on your trash can. Not that I don't like the car, I just don't like decals.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

Generally speaking Aubrey, I agree w/you.Too many and the wrong decals, or promoting speed/performance products that you may or may not have and w/o actual sponsorship of that supplier,can make a persons car seem like it"s owned by a boy-racer.
The OP, ELSALV39 emailed me personally several months ago on this very subject and my reply was quite similar to what I said above in this post.
But there are exceptions to every rule.
I do have a Mazdaspeed CAI on my car, so I show the MS sticker. It seemed like the thing to do at the time. And Zoom-Zoom is the current official slogan for Mazda (I'm sure the thanks for that goes to some up-in-the-clouds ad agency based out of NYC.)
As long as you don't plaster the car w/STP, Thrush, MSD, or Mr. Gasketstickers trying topose like a professional racer driver, I think it's OK... in moderation, of course.
Tasteful and limited are the catch words here, IMO.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:54 PM

When I got the Flowmaster Exhaust for my truck, the first thing I did was throw the 3 sets of Flowmaster stickers in the trash, The K&N is still in the box as well as the Superchips Tuner sticker.
I don't like to give anyone free advertisement, the dealer sticker came off both of the 3's and F150 when I got home from the dealer, But for some reason I like the Zoom Zoom Sticker, although I am giving the other one I have to a friend of mine that does vinyl and she is going to make one in the same color as the car [8D]

Old 10-09-2008, 12:14 AM
VB

ORIGINAL: virgin1

(I'm sure the thanks for that goes to some up-in-the-clouds ad agency based out of NYC.)
You're welcome! [8D] Although, on the subject of decals...I only have two on my car currently: the first is of course my student sticker for campus, the second is the Apple decal I got with my Macbook.

Oftopic, sst, you had such a nice Mazda 3.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

I simply meant that chances are that the team that came up w/that slogan were not really "car" people.
Are you trying to start trouble... Boy!!
I only have that one decal mine, unless you include the other MS badge on my glove box that also came theCAI?

Name:  IMG_1128W.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  29.3 KB

Scott sold that car over a year ago and ought a used Taurus, but it was a nice looking 3i.

And yeah, both the dealer plate surrounds and decals came off mine a while ago too.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 AM

Yeah...it was a really nice car & I had 52,000 trouble free miles. I'm sure the new owners are loving it (young couple)

I miss it for the spirited driving, but I can't beat the cheap running costs of the Taurus. I was able tobuy the Taurus and have $7K cash in my pocket and the Taurus only costs me $400/year for insurance (less than half what I was paying on the 3) I've driven the Taurus 35,000 basically trouble free miles (had to change spark plugs) in the last year and a half (125,000 on the car) and it runs/drives like new and gets 26 mpg.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2513/EAA4375D75014284AE64C61DCC00471F.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Decals for my ride!