Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Considering the Mazda 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 05:05 AM
Default Considering the Mazda 3

Greetings all,

I am currently looking to purchase a new car, the 2007 Mazda 3s GT (MT of course)is one of my top choices. The body stylelooks greatand it has received good reviews.There are a few questions that I have, whichwill help me with my decision, and I would appreciate your input. I have only owned Honda's, so I don't know much about Mazda.

Mazda 3 reliability? Are there issues anyone has come across? I am looking for a car that will last. Since everyone here ownsa MazdaI figured it would be the bestplace to ask.

The Boss stereo upgrade....is it worth it?Or should I just stick with the stock stereo. I don't want to mess with an aftermarket stereo because of the warranty.

Thank you for your time.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:40 AM
Default RE: Considering the Mazda 3

MAZDA reliability in generalis excellent and especially in the 3. Definitely go w/ the BOSE stereo if you don't want to fool w/ the aftermarket stuff.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

I'll second that reliability has been pretty good on the 3's. Granted there's the occasional one that's nothing but problems, but that happens with every car.... including Toyotas and Hondas.

As to the Bose..... audio is a very subjective thing. Some people are really happy with the Bose, and some cannot stand it. Go and listen to one yourself and see how it sounds to you. Personally I don't really care about the bose, but I would have taken it to get the HID headlights on my car. I don't have them, but then again they were packaged differently in '05 and you could only get the Bose on the sp23.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:16 PM

I just noticed I put BOSS instead of BOSE...I was drunk.....I swear.

Thanks for the input.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:36 PM

The Bose is great for clarity, but if you are looking for a ton of bottom, you might want to customize your own system.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:23 AM

Honda is Honda. Honda is great. I have a 91 CRX SI (2nd generation) I use for winter and that bitch runs strong- I put 4 aggressive snows on her and some weight in the back and off I go. Best winter car ever. Nothing wrong with those hondas....and you can make money on them. I would buy an older honda before an older mazda.....

New Mazda's-different story.... I never had a problem with my 2004 mazda 3 either. Loved her so much I got an MS3. I'd buy any new mazda over a new Honda any day though. So if it were me and I was buying a new car I'
d stick with the Mazda over the Honda..

As far as Bose-high's are nice...not as nice as thought they would be.... I still needed some bass so I stuck a 15" sub (KICKER) in the trunk...much better....bitch to wire that 2007 MS3 though....

Old 01-21-2007, 02:24 PM

I agree that Honda is great. My 99 Civic has been good to me over the years, with no major problems. I was looking at the 2007 Honda Civic SI sedan, but wasn't too sure about the body style. Also it only takes premium fuel.

The Mazda 3 sounds like a solid car and I appreciate the input. I will definately be test driving soon, and if all goes well I might be brining home my 1st Mazda.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:36 PM

I think the new civic SI's look like soap bars

Old 01-21-2007, 05:03 PM

Mazda cars are very reliable, and judging by the model you are planning to purchase you will be most definitly be happy with your chiose, and whats funny about the 3 is the lower you go in models (i.e GT to s to i) the more surprised you will be by its effcientcy in terms of how it perfoms and comfort fpr the price you pay.

I think its a little unfair to compare Mazda and Honda in terms of versatility cuz you can do motor swaps and upgrades out the *** with Hondas with no real worries, there is a saying me and my friends say when we see a integra or crx beat a mustang or Z06 in race..."its a Honda".

Old 01-21-2007, 08:03 PM

thats what i like about older honda's....
just drop in a K20 (RSX engine) or a B18 (integra gsr), turbo it, and you pretty much got a 12 second car...
cuz older hondasweigh next to nothing if you strip them down

i read about a 2007 honda with a turbo charged K20 engine that made something like, 400hp...ish

Quick Reply: Considering the Mazda 3