Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Coming from an '06 BMW 330i ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1
I resemble that remark, except that I'll be 52 @ my next b'day in just a coupla' months and have had mine since I was 47.
Shipo is only a coupla' yrs younger and I believe Bob a little older.
Nope, 52 in a bit less than 10 weeks.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator

Ha!! I'm older. Less than 8 weeks for me.
Pretty dern close though. WOW!! I didn't realize that before. 'Don't know where I got the idea you were 47-48? You're still a Taurus though, huh?
'57 was a damn good year.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:07 PM

Pretty dern close though. WOW!! I didn't realize that before. 'Don't know where I got the idea you were 47-48? You're still a Taurus though, huh?
Bunch of old farts aren't we.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:38 PM

Yup, all Taurus.

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Bunch of old farts aren't we.
Yup, that and this last post of yours was your 1,000th post here on this board. I think that deserves a prize or something.

Last edited by virgin1; 03-12-2009 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

STILL off-topic:
Here's your prize, Ken!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:52 AM

GREAT feedback everybody!! Thanks for helping out.

Now about this '30-40 yr old men' comment... I resemble that remark, except that I'll be 52 @ my next b'day in just a coupla' months and have had mine since I was 47.
Shipo is only a coupla' yrs younger and I believe Bob a little older.
I know of several 60+ yr olds driving MS3, some using them as weekend warriors too and loving every minute of it!!
I don't think age is much of a factor here. Neither is sex as there are many women driving and modding their MSP's, 3's and 6's as well. The car and the philosophy of the car either appeals to your tastes or it does not.
Speaking of 6's, if the stiffer ride of the 3 series turns out to be not your cup 'o' tea, have you considered looking into a 6, rakked? A little bigger and softer as well, with a few more amenities than the 3 can offer. The '09's are even bigger w/the new 2.5L 4, or 3.7L V-6.
Before i had my 3 i was driving a 2006 acura MDX and a 2004 acura MDX and a 2004 acura EL. then i go from the luxury *these things were loaded* to my car. it was wierd but now i try driving the EL and it pisses me off because i wanna put the clutch in *all of those are automatic. but the mazda3 has amazing fuel mileage and damn stylish. you can look at the rabbit the sentra and the fit but you will come to the realiziation the 04-09 were gorgeous. and you can get them for a decent price. plus your 330i will help in the sale. hopefully you get one as for the money it is the best car

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07
So am I driving an old man's sports car? Kind of like a Jaguar?

I'm only 21, I have a rep to uphold! LMAO
IM 19 I GOTTA KEEP THE REP UP TOO! its not all you alex

god damn old farts !!!!!! proud of your 52 years of age! lol and ken with his youngerness and me that could be your child lol.

Old 03-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Lev

I'm 21, turning 22 in a month (taurus also), and i have a sedan. I will have her 4 years at the end of the month. I would just like to say that we will all be 52 one day, unless there is some kind of accident. We need to respect that, because with age comes knowledge. This country only puts an emphasis on beauty, but what my favorite lady Ms. Judge Judy says "Beauty Fades, Dumb is Forever." Anyway on to the topic.

My dad loves BMW's. At one point there were four in the driveway. We have a 98 323is, 03 325xi (wagon), 05 X5, and an 08 X3. The one missing now is the X5. The only five speed is the wagon. I've driven all of them. The 98 and the X3 are tied as my favorites. They're both quick and very nimble. When i go from those cars back to mine there are differences but not too many. A BMW drives like a BMW. It corners nicely, very little body lean, RWD. When i get into the Mazda, the only gripe i have is the FWD. It's Japanese, what can you do. The Mazda is a solid car, very nimble, and quick. It goes through traffic easily, and believe me i have the tickets to prove, and it stands out. If BMW had a cheaper counter part, the Mazda3 would be it, or shall i say M3. Good Luck, and you'll love your 3

Old 03-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by jaimie08mazda3
.... And me that could be your child lol.
Wash your mouth out with soap, young man!! Now!!!!
I get chills just pondering that prospect.

Last edited by virgin1; 03-13-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:04 PM

Wash your mouth out with soap, young man!! Now!!!!
I get chills just pondering that prospect.

rich i was saying theoretically

Old 03-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator

Theoretical or not, please don't say or even think that. SCARY!!!

Quick Reply: Coming from an '06 BMW 330i ...