Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Default Clutch problem

Hey guys,

Ok so tonight i was driving, a little fast ill admit, and i was coming up to a stop sign so i went ahead and pushed in the clutch and took my car out of gear. Usually at this point ill apply the brake with the clutch in and slightly push the shifter to the first position and wait for the car to slow enough for it to slide into place. I dont know if i pushed it to hard or what but my clutch completely went loose. there was no tension at all. It's weird i have to push the clutch in to start my car but once its started i can shift into all the gears except reverse. its like the clutch is stuck in engaged. Honestly i dont know much about cars so im completely in the dark.

I searched other results and all the other problems could be fixed with simply pulling he clutch pedal back out manually but mine is moving freely. i can feel a little bit of vibrations when i push in the clutch but that is it. i would just like to know if anybody knows what it might be, if it can be fixed easily without taking it to a shop or if i need to take it to a shop how much it may cost to fix it. im still in college so im hoping it isn't too costly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks J,

Old 10-15-2012, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

So are you able to actually shift between your regular gears and drive now? If so then the clutch is working. Perhaps a linkage or cable came loose?

Old 10-15-2012, 09:49 AM

How many miles/kms on the car? Is the clutch original? Did it give any sort of warnings prior such as slight chatter, hard shifting, lower than normal power (from clutch slipping)?