Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 05:23 AM
Default Clicking Noise

Hey guys,
I'm new to the forum, and I'm searching for some help.

I bought an '07 Mazda3s a few months ago, and recently I've been hearing a noise that seems to be coming from the passenger side, near the floor around the center console area. I hear the sound is when I shift gears, and the car rocks forward and backward from letting off the gas and then accelerating again. I also hear it when I start the car and the engine causes the car to vibrate a little. I also hear it when the engine is at idle.

It always happens when that motion is made in the car. I can go over a big bump and not hear the clicking noise, but as soon as I let off the gas to shift, there it is

The perfect word to describe the sound is a "clicking" noise.

Anyone else have this issue??

Thanks,
Marshall

Old 11-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Default RE: Clicking Noise

I had a similar issue with my 16 year old Tercel. I could make my stick wiggle by moving my foot on and off the accelerator pedal. My dealer told me that some components related to gear-meshing had to be replaced. Coincidentally, I was at my Mazda dealer yesterday getting winter tires. I asked if they've heard about any problems with the 07 3s and he described the same issue that you are reporting. Apparently Mazda does not have an explanation yet about this problem. I would notify your dealer right away in writing. Good luck.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:07 PM

I was told by my mazda dealer that the noise comes from the suspension. He said that because it is so tight, there is a clicking noise of the transmission especially when you change gears. It shouldn't cause a problem...is what he told me.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:08 PM

I meant change directions instead of change gears.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:43 PM

it could be that your front sway bar is a little loose and rattling around...can you feel any vibrations on the floor in the footwells when you hear the clicking?

Old 12-13-2006, 11:01 PM

I HEAR THIS SAME CLICKING SOUND THAT YOU WRITE ABOUT. WHEN YOU MOVE OR ROCK THE CAR AT A LIGHT , SHIFT GEARS AND GIVE IT GAS. IT SOUND LIKE IT COMING FROM THE PASSENGER SEAT. LIKE A CLICKING SOUND A RELAY MAKES. IT'S NOT OUTSIDE THE CAR. IT'S A VERY CRISP CRACKEN SOUND.

-MIKE

Old 10-25-2007, 09:24 PM
jc5

I also hear a clicking noise that sounds like a relay click. Mine also sounds like it's coming from the same area you described. Passenger floor near the center console. I'm dying to know if you ever figured it out. I bought my car in November, but didn't drive it much until March when I sold my old car. I'm thinking I never heard the noise until April or so, but now it's pretty frequent. I think I hear it every time I drive the car.

So did you ever figure it out?

Thanks!
John

Old 10-26-2007, 09:52 AM

ORIGINAL: trueREDspeed3

I HEAR THIS SAME CLICKING SOUND THAT YOU WRITE ABOUT. WHEN YOU MOVE OR ROCK THE CAR AT A LIGHT , SHIFT GEARS AND GIVE IT GAS. IT SOUND LIKE IT COMING FROM THE PASSENGER SEAT. LIKE A CLICKING SOUND A RELAY MAKES. IT'S NOT OUTSIDE THE CAR. IT'S A VERY CRISP CRACKEN SOUND.

-MIKE
OK i kno what the issue is. i had the same exact problem. im sure somebody remmbers... i was hearing the same clicking noise and it turned out to be the engine mount. after i had the mount replaced (becuase it broke and it was just hanging by a thread), the noise totally stopped. im so relieved that i got the problem resolved. anyone else with this issue, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A MAZDASPEED3, get the dealer to check out the number 4 engine mount bolt!