Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Chicagoland Dealers who know about adding cruise control to '10-'13 models?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 05:04 PM
Default Chicagoland Dealers who know about adding cruise control to '10-'13 models?

I've extensively read and printed midget9999's discussion about adding cruise control. My '13 model was in excellent shape except for no cruise, and so I have got the steering wheel buttons installed (took 1/2 hour). I am going to be following up with my nearest dealer tomorrow about getting this programmed (where I just had a spare key made for the car), but I'd like to ask here if anyone knows of Mazda dealers in the Chicago area who are familar with this, in case I need a backup.

Last week I spoke with the service manager, who said he would call me back the next day (and hasn't yet), and he told me he would speak with his top tech and see if he knows about this. My time is limited and so I want to go where I know they'll know what I'm talking about. If I touch base with him this week and they don't want to touch it, I'll have to ask around. The consensus of everything I've read on this matter, is it's completely possible and rather quick to do - if you find someone who either A) has seen it before or B) is willing to plug in the appropriate computer to the car and try.

I'd be interested in the Naperville, Ottawa, Aurora or nearby areas are all within range for me.

Thank you!

Old 07-19-2021, 03:26 PM

Small update. The first dealer I've been trying to work with, the manager seems to be avoiding me - hasn't returned calls, voice mails, e-mails, or anything. Second closest dealer says no for liability. Third dealer said maybe but I have to leave the car for a day, which isn't ideal.

Does anyone know in the Chicagoland area a dealer who is willing to help and knows it only takes 5-10 minutes, not a whole day?? Or does anyone in the area have the software (former Mazda tech or otherwise) to activate this? I'm getting discouraged after reading all these success stories.

Thanks!