Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Can't Shift out of Park!! No Cruise Control!! No Horn!! Whats Wrong? Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Default Can't Shift out of Park!! No Cruise Control!! No Horn!! Whats Wrong? Please Help

I have a 2004 M3s

I pulled into a gas station the other day parked and left my car running. When I got back in the car wouldn't shift out of park. Over the next two days i realized that the cruise control doesn't work and the horn stopped working. I checked ALL the fuses and they all appear to be fine.The weird part isall of the parts that don't workarent even on the same circuit / fuse. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,
Burrock

Old 08-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Default RE: Can't Shift out of Park!! No Cruise Control!! No Horn!! Whats Wrong? Please Help

trade it in now before anything else goes wrong lol

Old 08-24-2007, 09:26 AM
Default RE: Can't Shift out of Park!! No Cruise Control!! No Horn!! Whats Wrong? Please Help

Do you think its possible it could be something electrical?

But seriously, one quick thing you could try is - disconnect your battery forten minutes, then reconnect it. The systems might reset themselves.

The computer chips in your car are sometimes just like those in your PC,periodically they can get out of whack - a full power down, and restart, can sometimes resolve an issue.

Old 08-24-2007, 11:18 AM

as weird as it sounds, check to see if your brake lights work....
one of the guys on the other forum had his brake lights work, and then other tthings stopped working...

AND, if your horn fuse blows, and your brake lights/3rd brake light become un-operational, and you drive an automatic car... Your car will not be able to shift into gear.

this happened to me yesterday, I couldnt get the car out of Park until I found and replaced the fuse that was the culprit.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

It sounds like your your brake switch is broken. If the brakes aren't depressed then the car won't shift out of park, and depending on what the switch is telling the car it might think they're not being pressed. On the other hand for the cruise to not work it would have to think the brakes were being pressed, but at least it's something that affects two of the things that aren't working. Can't think of anything for the horn though.