Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

can anyone who has lowering spring on their 3 do me a favor??

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:50 AM
Default can anyone who has lowering spring on their 3 do me a favor??

if its possible can you look under your wheel wells and see how compressed your springs are without jacking up the car?... I just checked mine without jacking up the car and noticed mine are compressed like crazy. theres barely any room for my springs to expand..thanks in advance

Old 07-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Default RE: can anyone who has lowering spring on their 3 do me a favor??

STRATBLU - mine are compressed as well man . Now you have me concerned but this should be normal , correct ? When you change the stock springs to the TEIN ( what i have now )or SKUNK , etc etc ?

What made you think of posting this ? You having any issues ? Have you changed your springs ?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:57 AM

ok, i posted this earlier, but my computer froze....

anywho, this is wat my rear springs look like.
driver's side:
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...amspics306.jpg[/img]

passenger side:
[img]http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...amspics305.jpg[/img]

and apparently my springs make a clunking noise from the rear springs hitting each other while going over bumps....
ugh...
oh well, that'll be my first project when i go back to school this fall.... -install some rubbing contraption on springs :P

Old 07-10-2007, 12:19 PM

actually I've had them for a little while. I just noticed yesterday that they seemed a little too compressed. no problems or anything, just a little thunk/thud noises when I hit bumps on the road. but looking at dentinger pics it seems like all the dropped 3's are like that.

as for the rubber contraption..

I saw on kragen (dont know if you guys have it where you live) or autozone, they have these things called spring stoppers. they help stiffen your springs a bit and in our case, stop the spring from hitting each other. they're about 15 to 20 dollars.

well thanks for the reply guys and dentinger, thanks for the pics (great help)... ill be buying and installing the spring stoppers soon. ill let you know how it turns out.

Old 07-10-2007, 12:46 PM

no prob bud!!

and btw, the tuning shop near my house was just going to get some snug fitting rubber tubing, and coil it up the springs.... seems like a cheaper way to do it....

only they wanted $160 in labour to do it tho,.....

Old 07-10-2007, 01:29 PM

Those spring stoppers will effectively eliminate any drop from your springs (they basically wedge between the coils.)

I don't have any clunk/noise/problemsfrom my Prokit springs.

So long as your suspension moves freely and you aren't completely compressing the spring solid, there isn't anything to worry about.

Having a bunch of tighly wound coils, then loose coils allows you to lower the overall ride height, while still maintaining a relatively stock ride (the widely spaced coils do 90% of the suspension work.)