Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Bridgestone tires...

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 09:52 AM
Default Bridgestone tires...

Ok, I just seached all of the past threads and couldn't find a single mention of Bridgestone tires. I have a '05 Mazda 3iandI'm on a tire search. I'm replacing the OEM Toyo tires at 19,000 miles. I can't stand them and they're almost bald.[:@]I definitely will not be putting Toyos back on my car.

So I did some research over at tirerack.com. The number2 tire for my size is the Bridgestone Potenza G 009 so I ordered some from a local tire place. It'll cost me $550 installed for all 4. Anybody have experience with this tire? Or have another suggestion? We have some nasty winters around here so I wanted a better all-season tires. I looked at Pirelli, Kumho, etc. None got as good ratings at this one. I don't mind spending the extrafor decent tires....but I want them to last more than 19,000 miles!

Old 06-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Lev
Default RE: Bridgestone tires...

I put bridgestone potenzas on my 05 3s with the 17" stock rims and they are a hell of a lot better than the goodyears that came with the car. i already put about 10,000 miles on them and they still are good only problem i see with them is that they are not the greatest in the snow but they are performance tires so that is expected. good luck.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

No offense intended Lev, but a bicycle tire is better than the OEM BadYear's.

But... Don't Get Me Started!!!!~~ ~~ ~~

Old 06-09-2007, 07:09 PM

Thanks Lev! That's exactly what I was looking for....someone who has tried Bridgestone Potenzas on the 3. Thanks again!

Old 06-09-2007, 09:06 PM

falken tires are not bad. another alternative?

Old 06-10-2007, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Nasty winters and all-season tiresare a non-sequitur. Even the best AS's won't get you through really bad winter weather.
Best advice: Get a second set of winter tires (4) and swap them out in the fall.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:00 PM

ORIGINAL: khemosabi2

Ok, I just seached all of the past threads and couldn't find a single mention of Bridgestone tires. I have a '05 Mazda 3iandI'm on a tire search. I'm replacing the OEM Toyo tires at 19,000 miles. I can't stand them and they're almost bald.[:@]I definitely will not be putting Toyos back on my car.
You are the first personI have heard knock Toyo tires. I have them on my car, given everything I've heard about the Goodyear tires, I am happy to have Toyo. They grip superbly on wet pavement in my experience. They are rated for way more than 19K miles ... are you burning rubber all the time? Rally driving, squealing around every turn?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:06 PM

Anything at Allied discount tires or tire kingdom will do right?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:59 PM

OEM tires on the Speed 3 are Bridgestone Potenza. They have been nice to me so far.

Old 06-12-2007, 05:46 PM

I got the bridgestone pole position for my car...the "upgraded version of theG009"...great traction in wet, good dry, pretty crappy in snow...but what isn't (besides a pure snow tire)...toyos melt - you sacrafice longevity for great handling...unless you get one of their touring tires. I had Toyo Proxes4 on my jetta...those things were by far my favorite tires for dry handling- but they had to be replaced after 20 - 25k.

Quick Reply: Bridgestone tires...