Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Awesome Looking Guage Pod

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Awesome Looking Guage Pod

He's got a 2 feedback rating and only 1 feedback(?). Did you see what else he bought?

Old 08-08-2007, 09:47 AM

No way. I dont care how much time it takes. The manufacture could press these out for a couple bucks. U got to be crazy to pay over $400 bucks for this piece of junk. Give me a break.
Its no different then a piller mount and you can get those dirt cheap.
If this guys making them in his garage, good for him. but for that money it sould at least fit correctly. And according to his add you have to level it out, etc..
I SAY JUNK..... NOT WORTH MORE THEN $50
END OF STORY

Old 08-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

EC, I think you misread the text.
He combines the two pieces (Lotek & OEM) and levels it all out using fiberglass. The original Lotek unit fits like crap and sits above the dash top.

Old 08-08-2007, 06:50 PM

[align=left]Ah! my bad.

your right. but still think thats a lot of cash... But I dont make that much at work. Ha ha

To leave a positive note. It looks cool and I would love to have it in my car. but I'll have to work alot of overtime.
[/align]

Old 08-08-2007, 08:43 PM

some ppl just got the lotek and sanded the crap outta it until it fit right no fiberglass or anything like that, and i agree if i was gonna buy this i wouldnt pay more than 80-120 bucks and thats pushing it, overall its a supreme piece of craftsmanship....just not worth that much

Old 08-08-2007, 11:19 PM

It's worth what the market will bear. Which is apparently $406

Old 08-09-2007, 08:11 AM

how u figure?

Old 08-09-2007, 09:55 AM

i emailed the guy and he himself said it sold for more than what he anticipated. goodfor him tho.. more money in his pocket. the guy hoo won has absolutely no feedback rating, so my guess is he wont pay up.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

how u figure?
Because we live in a Capitalist system. That's how business works, especially ebay.If his price is out of line, people won't buy it.Consumers will determine for themselves how much they feel that particular product is worth, and if they feel the cost is "worth it" to them, they'll buy it.

Maybe they think getting the $50 part is good enough for them. Also a perfectly acceptable decision based on your priorities, maybe you are the kind of person that doesn't mind spending dozens of hours themselves to make the "cheap" part look good. It's possible, all it takes is time

On the off-road truck I'm building, I paid $550 each for the shocks I'm using. Is that expensive, hell yes. Are they worth it, hell yes. Could I build the same product myself, with the same kind of quality for less than $550 each, probably not. I determined that I wanted the highest performing suspension I could build on this thing, and those shocks are the way to get there. So I bought them.

Old 08-09-2007, 12:44 PM

lol a little lesson learned about the economy. but then again u cant judge all consumers by what one buyer does. mayb this guy REALLY wanted it that bad.

Quick Reply: Awesome Looking Guage Pod