Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Auxillary audio inputs & Ipod integration options

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Default RE: Auxillary audio inputs & Ipod integration options

Have the installation update for iPod Integration Module that is soldby your local Mazdadealer. Install was clean, the wire sits inside the glove box. Once connected, the Mazda logo appears on the iPod screen and the iPod controls are no longer useable. All function is routed to your stereo and steering wheel controls.

The HU display DOES and DOES NOT display info,.... depending what you consider info!!! It DOES NOT display Artist, track name, or genre. It DOES display a number 1 through 6 (which indicates which genre or folder it is drawing from on your iPod - I'm still not sure on that one), beside that number is the track # that is in that folder (1 through 99), and after that shows the time of the track you are playing.

"Controlls take some getting used to" would be an understatement. Your disc selection arrows, and your track selection arrows are all utilized for several functions each. All a matter of how fast or slow you push these buttons determines where you move to on your iPod (artist or song or genre, etc......even repeat......) I haven't even attempted to determine if there is a way to shuffle the tunes through your controls yet.

Beyond the controls though, the sound is equal in clarity and sound as a CD in your dash. It is crisp, clear, and the volume is not any different than your CD volume, so you don't turn the volume up anymore to hear the source. You don't lose anything. The iPod charges as it is connected. The only other thing I notice was my iPod got rather hot. Not sure if it was because it had been a sunny 85 degree day and stored in the compartment with the car locked up. I'll keep my eye on that one.

Total cost was $147 for the unit, $125 for the install at the dealer. Would've normally installed myself, but - keep the warranty on everything 100% intact. Anything snaps, breaks, pops, sizzles, the warranty covers it so I'm ok with that!!!

Old 08-25-2007, 05:55 PM

hmmm but my car came with the auxillary input soo. i dont know. but whats interesting is so did the GX so im thinking it just started this year? or am i wrong

Old 08-25-2007, 10:09 PM

hey anybody know how much it would cost to put in the mp3 ipod inputs from the dealer like on the 07 models

Old 08-25-2007, 10:11 PM

nice lol didnt see the guy above me already said how much it goes for sorry guys new to the forum just got my 3, 2 days ago