Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

anyone ever put a shifter boot over an auto stick??

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:31 PM
Default RE: anyone ever put a shifter boot over an auto stick??

Well for starters I have a surgically repaired left knee that can get tired clutching in traffic and second my ride to work is 50 miles a day in traffic on the highway this is my commuter car.
I just think it looks nicer and more finished than the open shift gate....I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking its a stick...I don't give a crap.
When I want to go fast I break out my Mustang Bullitt..........And yes it's a 5 spd and it does about 13 flat in the quarter with street tires.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16164/5E786E9983C6436D9E95714FBC830E1B.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/16164/C91B65F06F2A4DA4925F701F743823E9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-20-2008, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

I guess that's ther final word on that one.

Old 03-20-2008, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

I guess that's ther final word on that one.

LOL
I agree....

Old 03-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Super Moderator

What happened to your knee?
I know, I broke my hip bone about ten yrs ago and it still bothers me from time-to-time too, but not enough to give up shifting for myself... yet.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:16 PM

I know, I broke my hip bone about ten yrs ago and it still bothers me from time-to-time too, but not enough to give up shifting for myself... yet.

I ripped it up good down hill skiing like15 years ago.
I don't know about you but as I get older all the abuse I put my body through when I was younger is catching up to me....
But I tell you what, I would do it all over again......LOL....had why to much fun....
just takes a little longer to get going on those cold mornings is all...

Old 03-21-2008, 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: GM991

I ripped it up good down hill skiing like15 years ago.
I don't know about you but as I get older all the abuse I put my body through when I was younger is catching up to me....
But I tell you what, I would do it all over again......LOL....had why to much fun....
just takes a little longer to get going on those cold mornings is all...
you should always warm the car up for at least 5 mins on a cold start.. lol.. make sure the water and oil temps.. i mean blood temp is at proper levels.. lol

Old 03-21-2008, 06:31 PM

i sort of take that back its cheesy but it doesn't look stupid. Its not bad actually...makes it look cleaner. Nice stang, me and my buddy are working on his 07 gt, we are having plans of supercharging it but his dad is complaining that the suspension isn't good enough and if he wanted it supercharged he would have just bought the saleen. (was pretty much the only american car in hot imports night)

[IMG]local://upfiles/15620/B8A9D73703D44D20A99235ABFEB5F0AF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: 2.0Mazda08

i sort of take that back its cheesy but it doesn't look stupid. Its not bad actually...makes it look cleaner. Nice stang, me and my buddy are working on his 07 gt, we are having plans of supercharging it but his dad is complaining that the suspension isn't good enough and if he wanted it supercharged he would have just bought the saleen. (was pretty much the only american car in hot imports night)

[IMG]local://upfiles/15620/B8A9D73703D44D20A99235ABFEB5F0AF.jpg[/IMG]
Just looking to do some mods is all..

Supercharger would be cool. Depending on the milage on the motor you might want to rebuild the lowerend also. You could spin a bearing in a heart beat bolt on all that HP.....

I like the saleens to, that would be a tuff choice, but if I remember correctly not all saleens are SC.
And the ones that are are like $40k...Plus its more fun moding it on your own.
My Bullitt has a CAI, motor sport 373's gears,diablosport predator tuner, hurst short throw shifter, hurst shifter and classic white shifter ball....

Old 03-21-2008, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3
you should always warm the car up for at least 5 mins on a cold start.. lol.. make sure the water and oil temps.. i mean blood temp is at proper levels.. lol

Are you makin' fun o' me AGAIN??? Or just trying to tell me that you learned something from me?
5 mins...? INDEED!!!

BTW: It's that girl/model that looks cheesy. I'd be ashamed to have her pose in front of my car.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:27 PM

I cant see dropping cash and time into a cosmetic change that dosent seem to do anything that makes the car any better in any way and possibly would look lets say...not so good? $$-should = functional upgrades but thats just my opinion .Infact I believe that downgrading the flash of any car that you tune to have performance is a smart idea . Tickets can kill your fun and do big damage to your insurance . Lay low and surprize em - thats what I think. I think you can get addicted to constantly changing something thats already right on the money . so I usually ask myself , Do I need this or want it ??? and what are the real benifits versus the downside , like maintainence and future valueeffect ?

Quick Reply: anyone ever put a shifter boot over an auto stick??