Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2019 Mazda 3 Hatch - Visibility Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2019, 04:35 PM
Default 2019 Mazda 3 Hatch - Visibility Question

While shopping for a new car, I stopped by my local Mazda dealer and sat in a 2019 Mazda 3 hatchback. I was surprised at how small the rear windows are. Is this a problem? I'd like to hear from folks who own them. (The 2019 model is much different than the 2018 and earlier models).

2019 Mazda 3 Hatchback

Old 07-23-2019, 11:47 PM

To be honest, I don't think I've ever used the rear window much in any car I've had. That picture you posted is my new car if it's Machine Grey... but mine's got tinted windows and an invisible bra. It's just beautiful! And yes, the rear window is really very small, almost so small that you think... why did they put a window there at all? But truly it doesn't bother me much. I don't think I look at much backwards in my sweet little Mazda. Hopefully you can get used to it? Hope so.

Last edited by mmember; 07-24-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:21 AM

I don't own a 2019 hatchback.

I drive a 2015 Mazda 3 sedan and a MINI convertible with less visibility than the new 3 hatchback. Many people adjust to the lack of visibility and others, like mmember above, have no problem with it from the beginning. I would never feel comfortable depending on technology to offset the lack of ability to see out the back. With the MINI, I have to back into all parking spaces, backing into traffic is something I will never try a second time. When changing lanes, I look 3 times and stretch as far into the passenger seat as possible to see what is in the huge blind spot. I can parallel park the Mazda in the tightest space available in seconds, I have never tried to parallel park the MINI. The MINI is great for back country roads. The Mazda is great for my daily commute.

Mazdas are great to drive and for me, part of the fun is the freedom the maneuverability that is enhanced by knowing where everyone is around you. I know exactly how much room I have on both sides with a quick glance and can change lanes much quicker in an emergency as a result.

Again, it doesn't bother some, other people can adjust, and technology has come a long way to give you other ways to know what is around you when you can't see it.