Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2012 mazda3 skyactiv automatic transmission issues

Old 07-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Default 2012 Mazda 3 Skyactive Transmission "slip"?

2012 Mazda 3 SkyActiv automatic. Car has 9000 miles on it. This started about 2 weeks ago and the best way I can describe it is that it feels like something is slipping-maybe the trans? This is not the usual hesitation that this transmission has-that is there as well. Always from a stop under normal to hard acceleration is usually when I feel it. Doesn't seem to do it under very light acceleration. The car starts moving and then there is this "slip". At first I thought it was trying to shift gears (to maintain the gas mileage), but as it hapenned a few times I started watching the RPM's and they dont drop like they do with a shift. So obviously I am concerned because if it is some sort of slipping then that will eventually wear out components. Anyone experiencing the same thing? Ideas? Comments? Advice?

I took it into the dealer and of course on our test drive it didn't do this.

Also it does not happen all of the time and I have not been able to determine a specific set of circumstances where it happens.

Thanks!

Old 08-05-2013, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by NHladky
Its a law of averages. Mazda would not be continuing to sell this car with a bad transmission if they were getting even a 1% response from customers that their transmission has problems and their shops were full of skys getting work done already. So my statements were completely sound.

I look forward to your video though. Just make sure your being factual and not slandering or no one will pay attention. Who knows, maybe Mazda will swap in a new trans for you.

Good luck!
I am a happy new mazda 3 owner, refugee from a 2012 ford focus and wanted to tell you that your 1% rule is sure not in effect at Ford. Do a google search on 2012 focus DCT transmission complaints and you will find hundreds and hundreds. In response Ford has sent all dealers a letter training them how to tell everyone those symptoms are normal.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Default Will do

Originally Posted by some_guy_out_there
taken down
about to pick up the car right now and take it to my other guy as we speak