Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2012 Mazda3 Sedan Tranny Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 09:57 PM
Default 2012 Mazda3 Sedan Tranny Issues

Hi! I'm the proud owner of a recently purchased used 2012 Mazda3 Sedan, Black Mica. I've had the car for about three weeks, and have had no issues until now. I was driving down the 5 earlier today at around 70mph when the automatic skyactiv transmission went into neutral. The AT light, Check Engine light, and Traction Control light all came on, and shifting to manual mode did nothing. I shut the car off and back on, at which point the Check Engine stayed on. I drove it to the dealership I bought it from, and they provided me a temporary 2012 hatchback while I wait for a diagnosis to be made.

Once I got home, I quickly Google'd the issue to see if others had experienced anything similar, and sure enough they had. The exact issue showed up, and there was never any resolve to it other than the "firmware being reset". One post mentioned the issue showing up again later on down the line.

My current fear is that, with the check engine light likely to stop showing after the service department opens in the morning, I'll be told that there's nothing the dealership can do. As this is obviously not an isolated incident, and seeing that I JUST bought the car, I am going to be more than flustered if /when they tell me to "live with it".

Has anyone else heard of or experienced this malfunction? If so, what corrective actions were taken by the dealership, if any? I appreciate any assistance that you guys can provide!