Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2010, mpg stinks, others, same year, so much better!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Location: thing (Pasadena) everywhere, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ (Shock), need tweet, facebook, et-cetera.
Default 2010, mpg stinks, others, same year, so much better!!!

Have tried all the tricks, no better gas will not give you more miles, maybe a few, but only because its cleaning the engine better, but it could evaporate in the heat too.

Anyway, bought the car certified, got a bumper to bumper warranty to 96,400 or so, can cancel and get the remainder back but I think I might need it for the upper arm in the rear controller. Wheels a bit tilted, Mazda, known for this roblem.

Anyway, 2.0, 2010, and get about 19-23 (Highest ever was 24 once) in Oct/Nov, so no AC needed in Los Angeles, in fact it still gets cool at night, had oil change first week, transmission flsuh, fuel flush, then, are you ready, I get back the car after charging the battery. After listening to the radio for 10 minutes, car won't start, perhaps that the problem? It does not start, a quick jump and off we go, i.e., we don't have to sit and wait, the battery will come back if you don;t use it and wait a while, but who would want to be stuck somewhere, not us. The fuel filter is white as snow. This is of some importance, and maybe everyone can help as I have the trip odometer but not the MPG, Miles to Empty, although you can get that for the iPhone and hook it up to the OBSD thing, whatever its called to check for codes, but here is something else really weird.

The first bar (I DO NOT TOP OFF AS THE ENGINE NEEDS THE AIR) so I was always taught to not top it off, anyway, the first bar gets 30 miles, the 2nd, 25, 27, the 3rd, 25, ok, that's almost 100 on a QTR tank, bars 4-11 give us 13-15 with the last bar giving us 20 or so, then it says empty even thgouh if I fill right away, its only 11 gallons, so the car is nit telling me the right MPG or FUEL LEFT and if I drove it to get more miles, Iit would still be the same as I would just have to put more gas in - -was told the fuel filter in FUEL TANK, TRUE???

Also, while I looked it up on CAR FAX, its obvious the rear bumper has been re-painted, something we did NOT notice until after we bought the car, so something minor happened and the COLD LIGHT (it can get down to 59 or less at night), you know the little blue one stopped going on after week one, then my mom passed away 3 moths after gettig the car, so its been hard going to the East Coast for 3 months, coming back, trying to deal with this, Headquarters tells one dealship, give him whatever he needs (we only got one key), so they give us a key that starts, opens, and so on the car but NAKED, no remote or anything.

Anyone have any ideas? My wife says I drive like an old person, have tried driving normal, using the techtronic stick, nope, still the same, so, if anyone has any ideas please feel free to jump in.

Keep in mind, the lights can sometimes get dim when turning into garage, I can notiice the little things like that and doubt its the rear controller arm causing that much drag, no way.

I am betting it is something simple and they will change the whole fuel system if they have to, or give me another car, THANK GOODNESS I have rights but it could be power related, not enough air?

The next step we are doing tomorrow is bringing it to get a pre-smog to see whats going on with the emissions, fix the rear (as when we rotated, the two new tires I BOUGHT A FEW WEEKS LATER) were moved from front to back, the rear started feathering and the fron (BOTH SIDES) were scalloped.

Thanks all - oh and just in case, I did do a search with NO LUCK!!! b4 posting!!!

Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 PM
Location: thing (Pasadena) everywhere, Yahoo, AIM, ICQ (Shock), need tweet, facebook, et-cetera.

oh a few rims are kind of bumped ala curb? Is there a way to fix or what a decent replacement that looks cool?!?!

THanks!!!
GODspeed.