Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2010 Mazda 3 electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2021, 02:43 PM
Default 2010 Mazda 3 electrical problems

I posted this in the wrong section earlier, feel free to delete the other one mods. My apologies.

Hey everyone, I’m new here but not new to Mazda’s. I have searched this forum and found similar issues but no solutions, I’ve searched many google pages, and have watched countless videos on YouTube. I brought the car to the Mazda dealership even. I don’t know what else this could be.

My power steering, speedometer, and radio have been on the fritz. When I start the car everything is great, but about 10 seconds later the speedometer stops working, power steering goes out and radio gets real low. Then as I drive for about 10-15 minutes I lose power and have to push further down on pedal to accelerate even a little bit but my radio will go back to normal at this point.

the dealership gave me a list of things they were going to replace for quite a high fee, so I went ahead and did most of the things myself. I disassembled the throttle body and cleaned it very well, I mean this thing is immaculate now. I have a brand new (not refurbished) alternator, brand new battery, brand new MAF sensor and a new PCM programmed to my VIN number. Nothing has changed.

The car just started throwing a code P061B (after installing new PCM) which lists possible causes as:
Faulty Throttle Valve Control Servo
Throttle Valve Control Servo harness open or shorted
Throttle Valve Control Servo circuit poor electrical connection

So I’m looking into that now but I thought I’d come here to reach out for advice. I’m not ready to give up just yet, but man…I feel like I’m fighting a losing battle here. Appreciate any help, truly.

Thank you for your time