Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2007 Mazda3 and MP3/IPod

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Default Still need help.

Thanks for the quick reply, however I'm still confused about my problem. I have an ipod, I have both an AUX and ipod connector, and they both tell me the same message on the screen; would I have to take out the aftermarket radio to see if it's connected properly? Even though it recognizes something is plugged in? Sorry, but I won't be needing to spend no $600 on anything; unless there's some part I don't know you're speaking of? Could you post a picture of somesort? And what is the integration Module?

Old 01-06-2013, 12:55 PM

U dont need any of the mazda things including the integration module if u have an aftermarket radio installed. The mazda acc. iPod connector add on I'd only for if u have the factory radio installed.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:59 PM

Oh ok then, but still lol would you be able to tell me how to fix the error message I end up getting? Why won't my radio display the files on my ipod when my ipod is nearly full of 32g's of music? Plus it won't play when i still select the music so it has to be showing on the display...I was so happy to see an aux port and even the extra ipod connector when I got in this car; figured it would work too and now I've dealt with it for one semester and I don't wanna have to bump cd's for the whole next semester!

Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Lapps
Hello, I recently created an account on this forum specifically for my question at hand. I see "icspots" is a great person to come to questions with so I must ask......

I have a 2007 mazda 3 sedan with an aftermarket dash/radio - whatever theyre called lol. However, the actual name of the part is EONON, and i believe its the D5102 model. Aside from that, I am trying to get my AUX working (I know its in the armrest).

My problem is that when I tried plugging the aux into my ipod, the music wont play when I select it on my ipod, and on my display it will say that there are no files to play. I also have a specific ipod connector cable as well that is located at the bottom underneath my aftermarket display. I figured it is connected, as when i go to plug it in I get the same error. However I cannot find out how I am supposed to be playing the music properly.

Another problem I have with it is the GPS (included on the EONON display) if anyone could help me out. Problem there...is when i set a destination it will say I am 2000+ km's away; as if I am going to Ontario from China. I may need a new map update but I cannot find any from any websites.

I mainly am looking for help with my AUX, however any tips for anything would be awesome! I bought the mazda this last august to take to college as a daily commute, and the aftermarket display had came with the car when I bought it. Here's a link to the EONON website that I am familiar with:
Okay first issue. The Aux in the armrest isn't connected to the D5102 head unit. That only works with the OEM HU. The D5102 itself should have a 3.5mm input (or a RCA input which can be converted to 3.5mm). In addition there's an apple 30 pin connector through which you can control your ipod and play your music. AFAIK it doesn't charge the device as it's playing but I'm not 100% up on the Eonon units.

When you connect the ipod does it display anything on the HU when you select ipod? Is it showing you song names, folders, etc. or does it just say there are no files? It's possible the dock cable isn't connected to the back of the unit.

You may want to check out THIS thread on mazda3forums..... it starts out as a review thread but there's a fair amount of Q&A there as well.

In addition I highly recommend you check out the Eonon D5102 wiki set up by guyfromhe on mazda3forums. http://d5102.wikispaces.com/ He should be able to answer most-all of the questions/issues you have as he's intimately familiar with the workings of the Eonon unit.

If all else fails send an e-mail to to Melvin at Eonon. He's their marketing rep. and acts as their sponsor on most of the forums. He can be reached at marketing@eonon.com. His English is a little broken but he's super helpful.

Another option you should have is using a SDHC card with music files on it vs. the ipod. I'm sure it can't handle a card as large as 32gb, but I'm unsure what the ceiling on the cards is. That's certainly something you should be able to glean from the wiki.

Originally Posted by raccer662009
The integration module through mazda displays on the LCD screen of the radio display and is controlled by the radio controls but only works with apple devices that have the wide style plugin. This will run about $600 plus install costs plus buying an iPod. Also works with all generations of iPhone.
The newer ipod module Mazda came out with does indeed display information. At the time of my previous postings in 2007 it did not. In order to get information displayed on the LCD you need to tap into the CAN +/- wires on the LCD harness.

As far as pricing the module itself should run at or just under $200 new from a dealer. Install can be accomplished easily yourself for free using only a phillips head screwdriver. Really the only difficult part is figuring out where you want the cable to come out. Mazda does have a specific method and install scheme they use, but you can put the cable wherever you want it to be.

Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 PM
Default My last inquiries.

Ok so, a little update on the situation...
The ipod connector apparently works now, never did before but now everything does get displayed on the screen and plays with ease. However, the AUX does seem to be not connected, as it reads "AUX no signal". icspots, so are you saying I would need an OEM brand head unit for my aux to be connected? Or could i connect the aux to the eonon?

Thank you for the SD advice, however I was using an SD card for all of last semester and I just was tired of it because half of my songs would not save properly to the card, and after 2gb's the rest of the music is turned into a media movie file. Its just a bit more of an annoying setup compared to choosing it off your ipod. But now I will at least be able to enjoy picking the tracks off of my dash from my oh-so-organized itunes library :P

I have these small questions for you within this post, but thank you so much for these links to info on this topic; I will definitely be using them since I have had troubles finding good solid info regarding this head unit.

My last questions however, are as follows:

1. You mentioned the eonon having its own AUX port? Is it easy to access because I am pretty sure it's not in the face of the unit.

2. Off topic in a sense, but I plan to be buying subs (12 inch ported enclosed), amplifier, tweeters, and speakers to replace all door speakers. Question is, since the eonon is an aftermarket head unit, would it be able to support such equipment? Is it meant to do so? I hear that aftermarket dash's are needed to be able to connect it properly.
If you would rather send me links for this answer then giving me an essay its up to you I could use all the help I could get, however I am grateful enough to have such answers & resources being given to me.

Thank you so much for replying, this info is going to take me far into my shop-work.
Lucas Lapierre

Old 01-10-2013, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Ok so, a little update on the situation...
The ipod connector apparently works now, never did before but now everything does get displayed on the screen and plays with ease. However, the AUX does seem to be not connected, as it reads "AUX no signal". icspots, so are you saying I would need an OEM brand head unit for my aux to be connected? Or could i connect the aux to the eonon?
Yay, glad it works now. The ACI in the armrest is not connected to the eonon unit. In theory it's just a 3.5mm input so if you isolated the correct wires you could splice the requisite RCA connections on to it in order to use the OEM plug. That said I'd probably just plug a RCA cable into it with a RCA-3.5mm adapter and just run the wire where I wanted it to end up. You could pop the 3.5mm plug out of the side of the armrest cubby and just have your new cable stick through that hole if you wanted.

The back of the D5102 has regular RCA connections, and that's where's it's finding no signal since there's nothing connected to it.

Thank you for the SD advice, however I was using an SD card for all of last semester and I just was tired of it because half of my songs would not save properly to the card, and after 2gb's the rest of the music is turned into a media movie file. Its just a bit more of an annoying setup compared to choosing it off your ipod. But now I will at least be able to enjoy picking the tracks off of my dash from my oh-so-organized itunes library :P
Hmmm. The D5102 should support up to a 32gb SDHC card so it doesn't make sense why it would only read 2gb. Perhaps it was how you had the files arranged..... perhaps you can find something on that in the wiki.

I have these small questions for you within this post, but thank you so much for these links to info on this topic; I will definitely be using them since I have had troubles finding good solid info regarding this head unit.

My last questions however, are as follows:

1. You mentioned the eonon having its own AUX port? Is it easy to access because I am pretty sure it's not in the face of the unit.

2. Off topic in a sense, but I plan to be buying subs (12 inch ported enclosed), amplifier, tweeters, and speakers to replace all door speakers. Question is, since the eonon is an aftermarket head unit, would it be able to support such equipment? Is it meant to do so? I hear that aftermarket dash's are needed to be able to connect it properly.
If you would rather send me links for this answer then giving me an essay its up to you I could use all the help I could get, however I am grateful enough to have such answers & resources being given to me.

Thank you so much for replying, this info is going to take me far into my shop-work.
Lucas Lapierre
1. As I noted above the eonon's Aux port is simply RCA connections on the rear which you would plug your cable into. You would of course need to remove the HU, however that's super easy to accomplish.

2. No problem. The rear of the eonon unit has outputs for your amplifier. Wire the amp. for power, run the RCA from the HU to the amp and connect the remote turn on wire to the amp.