Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2007 Mazda 3 changes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: .

Whoa there buddy. Four posts and three of them are the same thing. Give us a chance and we'll answer you. :lol:

Since you have a 2005 with ACC I'm going to guess you're not in the US as ACC wasn't available here until '06. That being said where are you from?

Now to the lack of answer. I have no idea. I'm 99.9% sure that a new HU in an old model in the US will not allow DIS to be unlocked, but given that there are differences between US options and other countries I don't want to make a blanket statement about all of them. I do know that in the US the wiring harness changed in '06 (making the LCD have it's own harness) so a new one wouldn't display anything anyway.

As to DIS vs. trip.... I would assume they're the same thing. The only other "trip" computer is part of the odometer and that has nothing to do with the stereo.

Old 04-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 2007 Mazda 3 changes?

ORIGINAL: icspots
Ah. Another satisfied customer. If only I were being payed.
You mean... YOU'RE NOT???

Old 04-30-2007, 09:37 PM

oh **** it worked lol

Old 05-02-2007, 11:52 AM

To my knowledge there weren't any mechanical changes between the '06 and '07 model years. There were a bunch of minor changes like the face-lift, rear set armrest, etc.

Oh and since you have a new 3i try unlocking the Driver Information System on the HU. It's only released on the GT trim but some clever people figured out how to activate it on other trim levels. This only works on '06+ models.

Here are the steps:
-With the engine off, press and hold the CD and AM/FM Buttons.
-Start the engine
-after 5 seconds, you will see "DIS ON" on the LCD
-after you see "DIS ON" release the buttons
-Stop the engine
-Start the engine again
-Push the SET button to see the DIS display (Not sure if this is just the first time, or every time)
-enjoy pulling one over on Mazda and getting a useful feature that they were restricting from you.
GOOD STUFF!!! Worked like a charm. Nice find!

I have the 2007 3 S Touring, and took 2 seconds to get this to work. Turns out you don't need to do this every time to get it to display. You can flip back and forth between the clock and the DIS display by pressing the Clock or Set buttons.

Old 05-02-2007, 12:09 PM

lol,i love how all the responses (inlcuding mine) where:
oh ****, that actually worked!!

Old 05-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dentinger

You guys, no faith.

Old 05-02-2007, 04:02 PM

ORIGINAL: dentinger

You guys, no faith.
You know how that goes...you always here about these little tricks and then they never work. It's very REFRESHING to find one that does.

I BELIEVE....I BELIEVE!!!! haha

Old 05-13-2007, 09:21 PM

ORIGINAL: SigEpStyles

To my knowledge there weren't any mechanical changes between the '06 and '07 model years. There were a bunch of minor changes like the face-lift, rear set armrest, etc.

Oh and since you have a new 3i try unlocking the Driver Information System on the HU. It's only released on the GT trim but some clever people figured out how to activate it on other trim levels. This only works on '06+ models.

Here are the steps:
-With the engine off, press and hold the CD and AM/FM Buttons.
-Start the engine
-after 5 seconds, you will see "DIS ON" on the LCD
-after you see "DIS ON" release the buttons
-Stop the engine
-Start the engine again
-Push the SET button to see the DIS display (Not sure if this is just the first time, or every time)
-enjoy pulling one over on Mazda and getting a useful feature that they were restricting from you.
GOOD STUFF!!! Worked like a charm. Nice find!

I have the 2007 3 S Touring, and took 2 seconds to get this to work. Turns out you don't need to do this every time to get it to display. You can flip back and forth between the clock and the DIS display by pressing the Clock or Set buttons.
Sure did! Worked on my 07 s Sport. I acutally read how to do it and did before I actually became a member. LOL!
Jim

Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 PM

Does that trick to turn the DIS on work on Mazda 6's also. Just bought a 2007 and looking for fun easy things to do didn't come with my vehicle

Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 PM

There were changes introduced in 2007that improved the steering/handling.

http://cars.about.com/od/mazda/fr/ag_07mazda3.htm

http://www.nctd.com/review-intro.cfm...;ReviewID=1971

I test drove the 2006, and a 2007, on the same day, and found the 2007's handling noticeably better.

Quick Reply: 2007 Mazda 3 changes?