Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

2006 Mazda 3 Room fuse

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Default 2006 Mazda 3 Room fuse

Hey all.

I would REALLY appreciate ANY help ANYONE could give here. It has now officially been one year since I bought my 2006 Mazda 3 GT. It also marks one year of having it in the Mazda shop trying to figure out a fuse problem my car has been having since I bought it.

Here's the poop,

-Car on, Car off, doesn't matter
-Room fuse (15 amp) blows over and over
-Disables stereo, dome lights, power locks (from my keys)
-A/C forgets to come on when I start the car
-Trip meter resets every time I start the car

Mazda has put in a new display, lock sensor module, sunroof switch, TWO new power junction boxes (fuse box).

What is happening here?? I know it can't be a lemon, the car is still fun to drive but this electrical issue must be able to be explained.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!

Old 07-04-2010, 07:51 PM

First take it to another dealership these guys obviously do not know how to fix an electrical problem, they are just throwing parts at it. What they are supposed to do is find out which fuse is blowing, what circuits are tied into it then they must figure out where the short to power (which is why the fuse blows) is by following the wires back and do a really good visual inspection. Seeing that fuse blows when the car is on but not running means that its a circuit that is turned on when its in the ACC position. Pretty much what im telling you is TAKE IT TO ANOTHER DEALER (not yelling to be mean) I by all means hope that your car gets fixed properly.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:42 PM

thanks. I asked about them sending it to another dealership. Because the car was still under factory warranty when they started the work they said I should keep bringing it back there. If I brought it to another they said I would most likely have to pay for the problem. (This is all what they say). Should I demand that the mazda dealership I am using send it to another mazda shop on their dime?

Old 07-04-2010, 11:32 PM

yea, keeping a car for a full year w/o progress seems like they are waiting for something to expire and them not do anything. Tell them that you are gonna call Mazda and complain if it does not get fixed soon.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:54 AM

well, the work was started just before the warranty expired last year. They are still covering the work being done because the issue was not fixed when it was under warranty.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:30 PM

keep us posted on what happens

Old 07-11-2010, 05:59 PM

Well, I fixed the problem (permanently). I traded it in for a 2010 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E. WHAT A RIDE!!!! We may never know what the problem was. All I know is that Cars R Us in Lower Sackville, NS sold me a lemon.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:06 AM

So you like the 2010 that much better?

Old 07-12-2010, 07:05 PM

he just wants a Mazda, which is a good thing.....kinda

Old 07-24-2010, 03:11 PM

hi everyone, I had the same problem on Mazda 6 2007 and I fixed it myself. Solution was fairly simple but it was difficult to reach at the simple solution. I am happy that I saved some money for myself and I hope you might be able to do the same for yourself
So if room fuse (15 Amps in mazda 6 2007) keeps on blowing up it means something is short circuiting. Room fuse supplies power to radio, dash lights, interior lights, trip counters, key less entry and also my guess is some part of ECU that take cares of charging system, engine oil pressure and whatnot.
My fuse kept blowing even when key is out that means at key off so it cannot be the problem with ECU, Radio, trip counter the features that works on at key ON it can only be something which is operational even at key OFF. To begin with I inspected courtesy lights, overhead lights, mirror lights, boot lights and to be on safe side took the bulbs out. All the bulbs while looking from outside looked just fine. Than I tried to put a new fuse back on and Viola it worked now i started to put all the bulbs back on one by one and when I put overhead bulbs back it blew the fuse again so now I know who is culprit. Well the total repair time was 10 minutes and cost 2 15A fuses.
I hope it helps.