Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

'16 3 iGT - 2 weeks old, 3 problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 05:29 PM
Unhappy '16 3 iGT - 2 weeks old, 3 problems

I picked up the new vehicle two weeks ago today. It had 4 miles on it.

Tomorrow it will be in for its 2nd service appointment. Last Tues after sitting 2 days it wouldn't start because the battery was dead. Charged it and drove to dealer the next day. On the way, the Infotainment screen was black. They said the battery was fine but that the hatch light on had drained it. (Really?) They updated the Infotainment software and it works.

Yesterday, the battery was dead again and again after not being driven for 2 days. Charged it using Mazda Roadside Asst. Drove it for errands and on the way to the first stop the TPMS yellow light came on the dash. Later I found the Warning Guidance on the screen. It said TPMS malfunction: call the dealer.

So, tomorrow it goes back to the dealer for battery diagnostics and to fix the TPMS. I hope. I want a new battery at this point. If that doesn't work, then we know we're on to something that is draining the battery.

Any ideas from anyone out there? Did I get a lemon?

Old 07-06-2016, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Unless the battery is fully recharged ( 8 - 10 hours ) You will continue to have problems .
TPMS light will play up when voltage / battery charge is low.
Centre screen has been a known issue for over a year, latest software version should be 56.00.513.

Since US models dont have Mazda's stop start system ( i-stop) I have no idea what battery they use. i-stop batteries failing has been a big issue in Australia.

Hope they get it sorted asap.

Keep the zoom zoom faith.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:06 AM
Default Thanks!!! New battery?

Invaluable advice especially as I'm leaving for the dealer just now. How about I require them to put in a new battery? es

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
Unless the battery is fully recharged ( 8 - 10 hours ) You will continue to have problems .
TPMS light will play up when voltage / battery charge is low.
Centre screen has been a known issue for over a year, latest software version should be 56.00.513.

Since US models dont have Mazda's stop start system ( i-stop) I have no idea what battery they use. i-stop batteries failing has been a big issue in Australia.

Hope they get it sorted asap.

Keep the zoom zoom faith.