Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Wet/Flooded Rear Passenger side footwell

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2019, 04:18 PM
Default Wet/Flooded Rear Passenger side footwell

Hi,

Haven't really used my mazda for the last few days. Last time I used it was Saturday and then the heavy rain arrived. Noticed when looking out of the house windows that it was getting really steamy inside! Like super damp steamed up! Didnt think much of it as it had been a bit humid.
Anyway, monday the car was still damp looking inside. Windscreen had signs of damp and on the side windows so wiped them all down. But Tuesday it was steamy again.
Checked in there today to get something out from under the passenger seat and noticed it was sopping wet! Then under the car mat in the rear passenger side it was soaked through!
Pulled the back seat up and it looked damp under there? Not soaked but some signs of mold patches that look fresh. Then pulled the carpet up and there was a massive puddle under there and the carpet lining is soaked through!? Had to leave it up in the hope it will dry over the next few days.

Has anyone had any similar issues? Are there any drain holes that regularly get blocked?

The car was originally from Devon so I will admit the rear arches are a bit caked up with mud (emptied these out today)
It also has the body kit side skirts on as it's the Takuya edition.

Any advise appreciated

Old 10-16-2021, 11:19 AM
Default Did you fix this?

Hi mate, I've just found I have exactly the same problem, originally thought it was the front passenger but water is soaking up from the rear passenger! Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

Old 10-16-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by PixelVeteran
Hi mate, I've just found I have exactly the same problem, originally thought it was the front passenger but water is soaking up from the rear passenger! Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
Hi,

I found the issue. There was a split in the rear quarter seam below the rear lights. Found it by getting in the boot when it was dark and shining a torch in there whilst the wife sprayed the back panel with a hose. Loads of water poured in then filled up the spare wheel compartment and ran down the back of the rear seats into the rear foot well.
Looked as though a past owner had clipped a the rear quarter which had split the seal. I got rid of the car in the end.

Good luck

Old 10-16-2021, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Lockstock27
Hi,

I found the issue. There was a split in the rear quarter seam below the rear lights. Found it by getting in the boot when it was dark and shining a torch in there whilst the wife sprayed the back panel with a hose. Loads of water poured in then filled up the spare wheel compartment and ran down the back of the rear seats into the rear foot well.
Looked as though a past owner had clipped a the rear quarter which had split the seal. I got rid of the car in the end.

Good luck
Ah shame about the motor but thanks for the quick reply, my spare wheel compartment is bone dry so it must be r somewhere else for me. Just just taken up the carpet and sponged out all the water, I'm gonna leave it like that and will see after a week of driving there's any tells. Cheers!