Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

Squeaking noise from my 2

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2021, 08:50 PM
Default Squeaking noise from my 2

Hello everybody,

I recently got a used 2011 Mazda 2

This noise has been around for a while apparently the previous owner took it to 2 mechanics and one replaced the shocks.

I recorded the noise, I know i couldn't get any good angles its not an easy car to get under. The noise only happens when someone is sitting in the car and rocking. I moved the car so we could record under the wheel hub better but i was no longer able to make the noise.

It happens randomly as I'm driving there is nothing in particular that causes it. Soon as i think its something it happens at another time that would rule that out. eg like the brakes..

The noise is recorded below.

I believe its the ball joint as its totally done for.

I just want to check has anyone else heard a noise like this and if so was it the ball joint or is there something I'm missing?

Ball joint photo below. I'm going to replace the whole control arm.

Also looking down past the inner tied rod what the hell is that thing that looks all rusted?

Thanks for your help

Old 07-02-2021, 08:38 PM

Well i found the issue. The sway bar has moved and is rubbing up against I'm not sure what this part is called.

i put sticky tape and grease over where it is and it stopped. The mechanic is going to change bushings and realign it.