Mazda2 This new subcompact applies a sporty look and feel to a great economy car.

New owner and couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 06:20 AM
Default New owner and couple of questions

Hello I’ve just bought a Mazda 2, 2010, and I’ve got a couple of questions which the shop wasn’t able to answer, any help would be much appreciated.

1. I’m trying to figure out if it have folding mirrors, when I leave the car I fold them in manually and then when I turn the key next time I get in, they automatically open. Is there a way to get them to automically close when I lock the car.

2. Third button at the bottom of the key, what does it do?

3. Anyone else had trouble with the windscreen washer bottle not spraying, I’ve filled it up and nothing on both front and back windows, so that might need a new pump or motor.

Thanks!

i think that’s all, thanks.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:00 PM

I'm new too! But can answer one of your questions:

Originally Posted by Stevenmazda
2. Third button at the bottom of the key, what does it do?
I had to ask this question to and was told, this is to silence the alarm, for example if someone is sat in the car whilst its not running.
Then I may know part of this as I am having trouble with my mirrors! However mine is 2011 plate and does have electric folding mirrors, so there should be a button with the symbol of a square and arrow going through it. That is to fold/unfold them.
Originally Posted by Stevenmazda
1. I’m trying to figure out if it have folding mirrors, when I leave the car I fold them in manually and then when I turn the key next time I get in, they automatically open. Is there a way to get them to automically close when I lock the car.

Hope that helps :-)

Old 08-01-2019, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by StephM2
I'm new too! But can answer one of your questions:

I had to ask this question to and was told, this is to silence the alarm, for example if someone is sat in the car whilst its not running.
Then I may know part of this as I am having trouble with my mirrors! However mine is 2011 plate and does have electric folding mirrors, so there should be a button with the symbol of a square and arrow going through it. That is to fold/unfold them.

Hope that helps :-)
Cool, thanks for you help, that makes sense on the third button on the key 🙏🏻. Do you know where that button for the wingmirros is, I haven’t been able to find it.

thanks!!

Old 11-27-2019, 07:31 AM

On my 2006 it is on the door arm rest, top button (closest towards the engine) just above the mirror adjustment. It is a single black button. I am not sure if it is the same for the next get (post 2007).